What's your OCD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Yellow coat hangers for work shirts
Red coat hangers for not work shirts/polos
All hangers the same way round
Volume on stereo at even number
Multiple staples on sheafs of paperwork that have done the rounds extracted and replaced with one.
Probably I'll think of more and the other half will remind me of others

Brahan

Über Member
Sheets of paper MUST be perfectly squared prior to stapling. Whenever my colleague gives me sheets of paper which haven't been squared 'properly', I'll unpick the staple and re do it.

I lock the door, unlock it and lock it again.

If I do something with one side of my body (like click fingers) then I have to do it on the other side for balance. But for the sake of fairness I'll do it again but in reverse order. Then sometimes all over again but in reverse if you get what I mean....... right left, left right, left right right left....and so on.

Regarding the toilet roll issue: The sheets MUST hang close to the back of the wall. I'll change it in someone's house if incorrect, as for whether it touches the wall or not, well you just fold it the 'wall side' in.

Check this out.. https://www.cyclechat.net/

tyred

Legendary Member
I have an obsession with keys for some reason. I'm always paranoid about losing them and constantly check my pocket to make sure they're still there. When I took my car to Scotland last year, I actually taped a spare key to the front coil spring incase I lost my keys while on holiday!

ChrisKH

Guru
I have just one obsession and that's the amount of clothes & bits my family has accumulated over 20 years. If Mrs KH goes away (never, I might add) I start to clear things out which invariably leads to a divorce type discussion when she returns. It's got so bad that clothes are hanging on cupboard doors and everywhere but where they should be.

I also clear out kitchen & other cupboards when Mrs KH is not around and her bugbear is the garage which I clear out constantly (usually because it becomes the overflow for all the other rubbish).

Mrs KH has promised to clear her wardrobes out this weekend. :becool:

I'm dumping anything I can find of no use as well. The kids will be forced to clear their bedrooms.

So, who's the one with OCD? :girl:

mr Mag00

rising member
double light switches to be the same way, hangers the same way yes! and sitting with mats and beer mats i tend to centralise the plate,mug or whatever

OCD? i am not sure

wafflycat

After reading this thread, for the first time in my life, I feel I am vaguely normal, compared to some of the loons here :girl:

Indeed I am now of the opinion that CycleChat is infested with Monk clones...

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Likewise! I'm an extremely tidy and well-organised person, and would - prior to reading this thread - have said I was borderline OCD. Not any more!

redjedi

Über Member
I always have to be holding my door keys when I close the front door. If they are in my bag then I'll take them out first.

Whenever I'm the last one out of someone's house I always have to check that they have their keys, even if there is still someone at home. If that person is already in the car with the engine running I'll go over and check before going back to pull the door closed.

Yes, I have been locked out before...a couple of times.

ChrisKH

Guru
User76 said:
Not you, you are the one with persocutory and control freak tendencies. Certainly not OCD though;)

It's persecutory. :sad: Me, controlling? Never. :sad:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
ChrisKH said:
I have just one obsession and that's the amount of clothes & bits my family has accumulated over 20 years. If Mrs KH goes away (never, I might add) I start to clear things out which invariably leads to a divorce type discussion when she returns. It's got so bad that clothes are hanging on cupboard doors and everywhere but where they should be.

I also clear out kitchen & other cupboards when Mrs KH is not around and her bugbear is the garage which I clear out constantly (usually because it becomes the overflow for all the other rubbish).

Could be Mrs 3BM's twin sister. :sad:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Mentalists one and all, I'm in a forum of mentalists.

I exhibit a strong preference for my bar tape to match the colour and material of my saddle. I would much rather use a proper sommelier's corkscrew, and I'd prefer not to drink the Merlot thank you very much.

Other than that I'm normal...ish. Shish, you lot!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
If I'm washing up in the sink, I always rinse the soapy water off the washed items before I place them on the drying rack. I was told that this was 'very OCD', but I'd argue that I hate having dried, soapy streaks on cutlery, plates, glasses etc and I hate taking a sip from a mug to find it tastes of washing-up liquid that dried on the rim. :sad:

Apart from that, I'm normal and rather shocked at the nutjobs I'm sharing a forum with :sad: :sad: :sad:

ChrisKH

Guru
goo_mason said:
If I'm washing up in the sink, I always rinse the soapy water off the washed items before I place them on the drying rack. I was told that this was 'very OCD', but I'd argue that I hate having dried, soapy streaks on cutlery, plates, glasses etc and I hate taking a sip from a mug to find it tastes of washing-up liquid that dried on the rim. :sad:

Apart from that, I'm normal and rather shocked at the nutjobs I'm sharing a forum with :sad: :sad: :sad:

Well that's what I do. Seems perfectly reasonable.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I keep logging on to some website full of cyclists who write nonsense. I can't seem to stop myself; I've tried Land Rovers, DIY, climbing and several others but my shaking hand somehow makes me click on the same shortcut every time.

Top Bottom