What's your OCD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ooh one i got picked up on the other day at work was that the mug must be in the exact centre of the coaster and i reposition it, measuring around with my small finger!

I also line my laptop, phone, coaster and notebad up on the desk.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I eat my food leaving best till last.

Greedo said:
I've got loads.

Can't sleep in a room if the doors are not all closed

Can't wear a shirt if I've not ironed the way I like

Can't sit in the middle of a couch. Need to sit on the floor. Can't have 2 people either side.

Can't sleep on the left hand side of a bed

That's just for starters!!

Yes doors must be shut.

Can't wear a shirt if it's ironed.

Always check if the blasted front door is shut...gas taps are off in the kitchen and fridge doors are shut.

Arch

Married to Night Train
yorkshiregoth said:
When I'm working in the ticket office, I have to have all the notes lined up in order with the Queen's head facing the right way, and my coins have to be all lined up in certain quantities and denominations.

That's not OCD, that's good neat working.

I do the toilet roll sorting thing - must hang down at the front, not the back.

I do tend to collect things. I have a load of little fish shaped bottles from sushi packs, one day I'm going to make them into a magnetic fishing game for my nephews. One day.

My grandmother hoarded soap. With Mum, it's cloth. With me, it's little fish shaped plastic bottles. <sigh>

Noodley

Oh yes, any glass/mug must be in the centre.
Eat food in order of size/perceived tastiness e.g. peas (tasty but small), potatoes (large but still not as tasty as what is next), steak casserole (smaller than potatoes as individual pieces but as a whole much bigger and perceived as much tastier)
Left sock/shoe on first...but
Right shoe tied first.
Unless it's cycling shoes and left gets strapped in first.
Wine glasses have an imaginary line boyond which there is no point pouring (about a 1/3 of a glass) as it will not be touched.
A pint must have a head which sticks to the side of the glass all the way down - no sticking no drinking new pint

kendalcottages

rusky said:
One of mine is having the toilet roll hanging over the front of the roll.

BearPear said:
I totally get this one - I even move other people's rolls so that they are "right"!!

Errrmmm... that's not right. If I'm understanding you correctly, you want the toilet roll to hang so it's closer to the wall, rather than away from it, yes...?

Personally I prefer to wipe my behind on something that's not been in contact with a grubby wall. :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
:biggrin: My God Noodley!

Noodley said:
Left sock/shoe on first...but
Right shoe tied first.
Unless it's cycling shoes and left gets strapped in first.
How would you like the straitjacket strapped when they come for you? :blush:

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to researching stuff...
And making sure my saddle is exactly the right height on each bike.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Greedo said:
Can't sleep on the left hand side of a bed

Noodley said:
Can't sleep on the right side of bed.

Aww, you'll make such a sweet couple. :biggrin:

Noodley

Baggy said:
How would you like the straitjacket strapped when they come for you? :biggrin:

I can guarantee if anyone tried to come near me with one I would eat their face (left side first) :blush:

Seriously I cannot even think about it without tensing up...:blush: And.......thanks for that :evil:xx(

:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
kendalcottages said:
Errrmmm... that's not right. If I'm understanding you correctly, you want the toilet roll to hang so it's closer to the wall, rather than away from it, yes...?

Personally I prefer to wipe my behind on something that's not been in contact with a grubby wall. :biggrin:

No I think all those expressing a preference are the same, loose end hanging over the front of the roll, away from the wall....

Obviously, since that is the proper way.

Top Bottom