What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
I once played football with Kevin Keegan. Was in the early eighties (I was 10 at the time) when he was playing at Newcastle. They were sponsored by Newcastle Brewery at the time and they ran a competition to play football with him. I was one of the winners.

Dave5N

Über Member
User76 said:
I got in a fight once with some boys from Stowe School who were out in town (I grew up in Buckingham), my mate Bob hit Engleburt Humperdincks son with a milk bottle during the fracas:sad:

Should have kidnapped him. :ohmy:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
We grew up opposite the sister of Bob Larby who wrote 'The Good Life'.
Ainsley Harriot went to my Primary school and I was in the year below Heather Mills at Secondary.
My big brother has said 'M*th*r F*ck*r' on BBC digital TV.
and our mother used to be an actress and performed alongside Sir Larry in the 1950's.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I used to work in Spain for awhile and met Frank Bruno and Ronnie Knight.....I'd forgotton about them until this thread appeared.

...I've also met Donald Duck in Disneyland.

Jaded

I met Frank Bruno too. He came to open a shop where I worked. He called me Boss, which was nice.

He paid his minders from a briefcase in the boot of his Bentley Turbot.

papercorn2000

My Dad's best friend's mum worked as a secretary to Charles Lindbergh.

One of my pals claimed he shagged Sonia (late 80's SA&W singer - ginger, scouser, annoying), another guy I know claims he shagged Nell McAndrew and another of my pals was told to **** off by Frank Bruno when he was appearing in Its a Knockout.
One of my exes was a page 3 girl in the early 90's. During her extremely brief modelling career.

yello

Age 13 thru 16, I made super 8 films with Peter Jackson, he of 'Lord of The Rings' etc. One was shown on the NZ equivalent of 'Blue Peter', a program called 'Spot On'.

Edit: My mum knew the aforementioned Englebert.

catwoman

Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy bought me a drink once.
Elvis Costello trod on my toe and apologised "sorry love".
I bought Nick Lowe a pint when he was broke.
The Damned wrote a song about me - I'm the "Stretcher case baby".
I also know the "Problem Child" (also a Damned song)
Boris Johnson slagged me off in a newspaper article once but more recently added me to his long list of apologies - Liverpool, Portsmouth, some island in the far east and me...
I once mistook Robert Plant for Jimmy Page, if looks could have killed I would have been a pile of smouldering ashes. ;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
yello said:
Age 13 thru 16, I made super 8 films with Peter Jackson, he of 'Lord of The Rings' etc. One was shown on the NZ equivalent of 'Blue Peter', a program called 'Spot On'.

Edit: My mum knew the aforementioned Englebert.

Top call! Did you work on Bad Taste?

T x

Top Bottom