What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Dave5N said:
:biggrin::eek::biggrin:

From beyond the grave?

<edges nervously towards the door, keeping eyes fixed on Mr Hippo>

No, in the late 60s, he was picking up his pension.

I met Douglas Bader and had a pint with him.

I went to school with Geoff Nulty - played football with Newcastle, Burnley and Everton where his career was cut short when he was tackled by Jimmy Case.

Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor once told me "Hippo, never drop names, it's considered bad form!"

Dave5N

Über Member
mr_hippo said:
No, in the late 60s, he was picking up his pension.

I met Douglas Bader and had a pint with him.

I went to school with Geoff Nulty - played football with Newcastle, Burnley and Everton where his career was cut short when he was tackled by Jimmy Case.

Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor once told me "Hippo, never drop names, it's considered bad form!"

Just a pint I take it? I mean you didn't go out and get legless?

(Sorry. I've already got me coat on and I'm heading for the door.)

medals

A very tenuous claim here....

I once featured in a corporate calender of an engineering firm I worked for.
I was pictured taking a drive belt off the shelf in our shop, can't remember which month I was.

Anyway, someone sent the calender into the Saturday morning show 'Going Live' for their 'most boring calender' competition and Phillip Schofield showed the nation me 'modelling' our range of drive belts.

I helped my company become the second most boring calender in the country. :biggrin:

<hope that wasn't too boring>

ChrisKH

Guru
Nearly forgot, my brother's ex-wife had a centre spread in The News of the World for screwing the Oxford Town Crier behind his wife's back.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I once gave a lift home to the guy who played Marion's brother (killed by Moors in the opening scene) in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (the Kevin Costner one...)

And several times went for drinks (in a group) with the blonde cockney chap from Hustle (just about to star in his own drama series on the Beeb, I notice)...

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
ChrisKH said:
Nearly forgot, my brother's ex-wife had a centre spread in The News of the World for screwing the Oxford Town Crier behind his wife's back.
Did she cry out "Oyez! Oyez! Oyez!" whilst screwing the town crier? :ohmy:

bonj2

ChrisKH said:

oh yeah, my cousin was once in the news of the world in the sunday mag equivalent of 'deirdre's photo casebook'. He had to pictured as a bloke called Gary who was getting it on with a bird who was in fact a lezzer, and he's also been on 'the big breakfast' with zig and zag (when that was on).

gbb

Legendary Member
I know a girl who did a spread (not literally) in the Sunday Sport..(amateurs section i think)..
:ohmy::tongue: She was fit , lithe and very fanciable.

Funny thing was, when we saw the pics with her kit off (bottom half tastefully covered)....it was a bit of a dissapointment, well just a bit :blush::tongue::biggrin:

[pervy mode]Wish i still had the pics ...{/pervy mode]

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've just remembered some more,

My uncle who was a shoe repairer, altered some shoes for Douglas Bader's brother who liked to dance.
Also, my wife once met Alfred Marks when she was about 11 years old at her junior school to receive a prize.

Top Bottom