What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My father-in-law and his mates tries to put John Lennon on their bonfire (it was 1954)

My dad once spend a drunken night chatting up Jayne Mansfield.

Spent a night in the pub with 'Kes' author Barry Hines. Bought him a pint of Guinness. He never bought me one back though.

Shared a lift (elevator) with Lloyd Cole (of Commotions)

Worked with Maggie Philbin

Told lead singer of The Alarm to 'eff off' at Live Aid (He was pushing past me, trying to get to the front to see U2).

My next door neighbour is Ralph Lawson (a famous DJ apparently)

Jimmy Saville lives down the road from me.

A girl I used to work with shagged that twat in the hat from Jamiroqui.

I also know someone who is/was mates with Dr Harold Shipman's son.

longers

Legendary Member
I've also served Dot Cotton a bowl of soup. It was all she wanted, she was more interested in smoking than eating.

barq

Dave5N said:
You need to get busy with all those PMs now.

Haha! I've spent the last half hour wondering if there was any way I could hint what it was, but it would clearly be extremely defamatory... Sorry to be a tease. :ohmy:

If I make it to a CC meet up at some point in the future you'll probably be able to extract the truth from me after a few pints of beer. :biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Well...I once worked with a bloke, whose mother thought up the slogan - 'A Mars a day, helps you work, rest and, play'.

I was a choirboy ( yes I know hard to believe) when someone from the church got married, the groom knew Sir Cliff Richard, whom he invited to his wedding, so got to see him in the front pew, exciting when you are only 12.

Once Met William Hartnell the first Dr Who.

whilst out walking our twin daughters in the small village we lived in at the time, located near to Highclere Castle, The Queen was driven by in a Range Rover, presumably on her way to see the Earl ( who was one of her horse trainers) the Rover slowed right down (narrow lane ) her Maj. looked out and smiled.

Oh yes and, I watched the opening sequence to the Bond Film 'Die another day' being filmed. where Pierce Brosnan is being chased across Korea by the baddies in a hovercraft, lots of explosions etc, well guess what, it wasn't Korea, it was Aldershot, S'true.

red_tom

My step sister's Dad was a baddie in the A-team one week.

He's also been in a million other programs and films but this one is by far the most impressive.

ChrisKH

Guru
I once met Roy Castle. It's a cliche, but he was one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet.

My sister (same school as me) was classmate to Fuzzbox, that one-hit-wonder group from the 80s.

Didn't they come from down south, Portsmouth way User? I recall someone I worked with in 1988 saying he came from xxxxxx ( I forget the town name now - the word Lymington rings a bell, I don't know why) and he knew them as they were friends of his sisters.

gbb

Legendary Member
Doesnt come any more tenuous than winning a swiss roll christmas log decorating competition at school.
Teacher was very pleased with my effort.....:biggrin: so they asked me to do another.
I made a right balls up of it...i can almost see the dissapointment in their faces :ohmy:

ChrisKH

Guru
No, they were in my sister's class at school in Kings Heath, Birmingham. Well, one of them was, and the others were the year above. I remember the one with the funny coloured hair.

Lying toad, wait till I see him.:biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
Sorry to change the subject and bring up cycling (I appreciate it isn't the 'done thing' on the forum...

...but my missus once dated dieter runkel's brother.

For the chap at the back who doesn't immediately recognise the name, he is a former Cyclocross World Champion (and the first man to race with clipless pedals.)

Top Bottom