What's your tenuous claim to fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaded

I took photos at an interview with Ian Gillan

I nearly got on stage with the Boomtown Rats

I was on stage with Talking Heads.

longers

Legendary Member
longers said:
Sounds grim. You have enjoyed it though BTFB?

That was tongue in cheek by the way BTFB :biggrin:.

simonali

Guru
The fella that used to be in Game On with Samantha Janus and the ginger tosser went to the same school as me, but I never knew him. My brother might've done, though, as he was in the same year, I reckon? I can ask him next time we speak, so I'll let you know around Christmas time!

longers

Legendary Member
Ring him NOW! This is important.

Jason Quealy was a couple of years ahead of me at school.

Now I think about it, my brother was once at a Frank Black (of Pixies fame) solo gig. EVeryone else was only interested in hearing the Pixies' songs, so were standing at the back with their arms folded. Tom, who is a bit of a Frank Black fan, had been dancing away at the front all by himself. In between songs, a chorus of requests for Pixies' songs arose from the audience, and Frank Black silenced everyone, pointed at my brother and said: "I wanna know what this man wants to hear". Tom shouted the name of a song (I forget which) and he just launched into it. Great stuff, I wish I'd been there!

simonali

Guru
longers said:
Ring him NOW! This is important.

Have you seen the time? :laugh:

I couldn't even remember the fella's name, but I just looked it up. He is known as Ben Chaplin. Been in some Hollywood stuff too, looking at his IMDB bit.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Had a kick-about in Billy Foulkes' parents back garden with most of the Busby Babes.

Danced with Cilla Black in the Cavern.

Had lunch with Idi Amin at the Red Sea Palace Hotel, Jeddah.

longers

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
Spect you'd be ahead of him now though, if you put yer mind to it and pedalled really hard, that is.

He was/is one of those annoying buggers who are good at everything they turn their hand to. So I doubt it.

Top Bottom