Whats your VeloViewer score?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
New to cycling this year.

Was higher, but the weather has taken its toll. Lol.

NorvernRob

So, if you did a load of segments that hardly anyone has ridden, and got a load of KOM/podiums etc, would that give you a higher score than someone who rides massively popular segments and gets say a load of top 20's out of a couple of thousand attempts?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
So, if you did a load of segments that hardly anyone has ridden, and got a load of KOM/podiums etc, would that give you a higher score than someone who rides massively popular segments and gets say a load of top 20's out of a couple of thousand attempts?

The rider doing the popular segments gets the higher score

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

If you're the only person to ride a segment, you score 50. If you're KOM on a segment two people have ridden, you score 66.67. If you're 100th on a segment 100,000 people have ridden, you score 99.9.

Venod

Eh up
I have been stuck on 98 for months, just got 99 today, I feel I had to share this .^_^

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just to reiterate how the Veloviewer scoring works...

I rode a new segment yesterday and came 2,025th on the Strava ranking. Doesn't sound too impressive, but my Veloviewer score for that segment is a respectable 90.00 - simply because the segment has been ridden by 20,252 people!

My best segment score is 99.95, on a segment where I'm in position 1 out of 2,006 riders, but few of my KOMs score anything like as high as that, and I have a 99.72 where I'm position 21 out of 7,619.

My current overall score is 98.41 - been rising steadily from 96.93 this time last year!

bpsmith

Veteran
More importantly, it will kill your score if you set up any segments to track yourself over obscure routes once off the main roads. I had done this a year ago when starting out riding again. The KOM was meaningless on all of them, as only single finger number of people had done them and I had moved on from those routes too. Delete!

Then have to wait a week to update VV. Lol.

BrynCP

Über Member
76.06 (since Nov 2013), rising to 81.31 if I only include my road bike (last 2.5 months).

Obviously quite low compared to others!

Top Bottom