Wheel building , non offset hubs

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
My Sputniks are like that. Not an issue.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
There often is a more obvious offset if you look inside the rim well (but it will appear to be the other way round).

I think he is talking about the hub flange drillings? I am surprised, but guess it will result in different length leading and trailing spokes?
this is the problem, l can't lace up the second side as the spokes holes are in the WRONG position, and as you say would require an (very ) odd set of spokes to build the second side .
one side can be built up with 180mm bit the second would need say 176/184 mm spokes

They are my thoughts

regards Emma

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Ah, gotcha. Is it a 3-piece hub? On old Airlites (for example) the flanges can be quite a loose fit on the barrel and may require offsetting before building the wheel. They won't move once laced and tensioned.

WP_20190822_17_44_47_Pro.jpg

from the spoke through the holes you can see there is no offset for alternate hole lacing . The rim is a standard 28h 20" rim so harder to loose any problems

emma

I like Skol

Hold my beer and watch this....
Trying to think what we are missing here. I cant believe the hubs are drilled this way by accident, so there must be a method for lacing the wheel that deals with this satisfactorily?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom