Wheel building , non offset hubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Have you searched for any documentation on those hubs, or images of wheels built with those hubs? As @I like Skol says further up, if they were built before, there must be a way. It would be a shame to bin them if they are in a working condition.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
iirc the rims did not have standard equidistant hole drillings , they were grouped in an odd format.
original rims were weighed in and spokes went a long time ago.

regards Emma

I wonder if @Yellow Saddle has a solution

I've been waiting for a photo, and it arrived.

The silver hub certainly looks like it has an offset. That spoke isn't going straight through.

The black one hasn't. Once upon a time, a silly company (perhaps a German man) called Rolf Vector played around with nonsense like this. It was the so-called paired spoke design, where opposing spokes from either side of the hub would arrive at the rim with a small gap between them, say 20mm. This means that in the completed wheel, at the hub, there were two adjacent spokes close together, then a large gap and then two close together again, etc. Those hubs were similar.

I wonder if that isn't what happened here.

Somewhere I have a picture of such a hub transplanted into a standard even-spaced rim. I'll dig it out.

When I still built wheels for a living this type of thing was frequently sent my way because we manufactured our spokes from blanks. Cutting zillions of lengths weren't a problem.

Edit:
No, can't find that photo now. But here's the type of rim I'm talking about.
Vigor Rim.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
The silver hub is a standard bmx hub , where by the black things are 20mm iCE 28h hubs , there is not enough meat to drill new holes between the original holes on one side. Only way l can see is to make a large ring with respaced holes and bolt to the hub .

Top Bottom