Wheel set upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Culprits i would say.......but whats new with those pair

Nice to see you out enjoying the upgrades @NormanD

Feeling grumpy today Jowwy?

That's what I was intending to say @Justinslow , but I doubt I made it clear, I was able to hold the same cadence, but at a higher gear than with my other set up, applying the same pressure to the pedals as I normally would do.
Can you perhaps remember the difference in gearing you experienced with the same cadence? For instance, with the old wheels you could hold a 16 but on the new ones a 14 or somesuch?

Wouldn't more efficient bearings give you both of those things?

No, because the difference between the absolute worst and absolute best bearings is so minute that no-one can just feel in out in the field where all sorts of uncontrolled inputs run wild. But then again, you know this, you've been around long enough and have seen the debates, haven't you?

cracks me up how you both come in with a comment a minute apart! Are you the same computer program? :eek:
No, same computer, two partitions on the hard disc. He runs Linux, I run Windows. I'm faster, but he's more open. Or so they say.
It cracks me up how you still perpetuate the old myths and like to convince yourself that your money spent on shiny red wheels really gives you benefits.

No, same computer, two partitions on the hard disc. He runs Linux, I run Windows. I'm faster, but he's more open. Or so they say.

Lighter hard disc platter?

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Seriously you really do make me laugh.......a lot.
Next on my shopping list is a "pointy" aero helmet! I suppose that will offer me no benefit whatsoever aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom