Wheel set upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Culprits i would say.......but whats new with those pair

Nice to see you out enjoying the upgrades @NormanD

C
They are husband and wife......one says "jump", the other says "how high" as one is scared not to upset or go against the other.

Will let you choose which one is which ;)

To some of you:

And yet I have yet to see anyone, anyone on this forum successfully refute any of the advice they've given you.

So many of you are like overgrown little babies, having a tiff or a sulk because someone comes along and disagrees with you and has grown up evidence to say why. You take it all so personally and you portray their explanations as if they are personal insults, and then you respond with actual personal insults. It's unacceptable behaviour on a forum like this and at the very least the mods should have told those of you who take the p!ss to belt up or ship out.

It feels like you can't handle the thought that facts might outweigh your desire to indulge yourselves. There is nothing wrong with self-indulgence to a degree but it is acceptable to just buy things for the sake of it so I don't see why you need to continue to justify it any other way when you haven't been able to refute the suggestions that there isn't a technical benefit.

Cyclist33

"You lot"
:gun::boxing::evil::angry::ph34r:

Currently sitting "forth" in my local club TT championship (and not far off third) in the section where improvements in time on each course over the season count for points not outright speed (I'm not that fast - although with that pointy hat you never know).

Not blowing my own trumpet or anything................ok yes I am :hyper:

Fourth.

Cyclist33

second effort on club 10 TT took 2.09 off my time, down to 26.33.
I didn't actually fit them untill I had completed all 4 courses once so I had times with the old wheelset.
And yes I don't expect the wheels/tyres to have contributed wholely to the increase in speed, as I stated at the time, my fitness, course familiarity, conditions on the night etc etc, but in my opinion they are certainly better/quicker than the R501/road tyre combo I was running.
I'm now running a race/skinsuit (not used on the 10 yet) TT bars, shoe covers, bike paired down to the bone, just need a hat and that will pretty much be all the equipment done - best it can be for now without shoving a shed load more money at it. Obviously the rest is down to me.

"in my opinion they are certainly better/quicker than the R501/road tyre combo I was running"

There's the rub. You've got nothing to back that up except your opinion so it's subjective, unreliable, untested and certainly goes 0.0 metres towards addressing the mathematical benefit of the new wheels.

By your own admission they in and of themselves have not been solely responsible for your marked improvement.

They look nice - if you like the look of them. There isn't anything more you need to justify having them, so stop trying!

Stu

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
C

To some of you:

And yet I have yet to see anyone, anyone on this forum successfully refute any of the advice they've given you.

So many of you are like overgrown little babies, having a tiff or a sulk because someone comes along and disagrees with you and has grown up evidence to say why. You take it all so personally and you portray their explanations as if they are personal insults, and then you respond with actual personal insults. It's unacceptable behaviour on a forum like this and at the very least the mods should have told those of you who take the p!ss to belt up or ship out.

It feels like you can't handle the thought that facts might outweigh your desire to indulge yourselves. There is nothing wrong with self-indulgence to a degree but it is acceptable to just buy things for the sake of it so I don't see why you need to continue to justify it any other way when you haven't been able to refute the suggestions that there isn't a technical benefit.
Nice rant - but im not the only one that hates their pedantic posts.

But thanks for inserting my quote :smile:

Cyclist33

Nice rant - but im not the only one that hates their pedantic posts.

But thanks for inserting my quote :smile:

You're welcome. And they're not the only ones that try to use (gasp) science and evidence to support their observations.

You do seem to like to identify with the crowd, don't you.

jowwy

You're welcome. And they're not the only ones that try to use (gasp) science and evidence to support their observations.

You do seem to like to identify with the crowd, don't you.
No i form my own opinions of people and my observation is that their posts occassions are unwarranted

Also at @Citius you post nothing of scientific eveidence, but only to agree with everything that yellow saddle copies and pastes from google searches, as i very much doubt he has researched and done any of the scientific evidence he talks about.

But if thats how you want to roll, crack on fella cause i aint interested in your thoughts and opinions cause quite frankly they bore the hell out of me

Citius

Also at @Citius you post nothing of scientific eveidence, but only to agree with everything that yellow saddle copies and pastes from google searches, as i very much doubt he has researched and done any of the scientific evidence he talks about.

I've posted plenty of links to studies where they are relevant. But I'm not a scientist myself and neither, I suspect, is YS. But we don't need to be scientists - we can simply post the work of others who are.

Ironically, none of this got personal until you came crashing through the door.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
"in my opinion they are certainly better/quicker than the R501/road tyre combo I was running"

There's the rub. You've got nothing to back that up except your opinion so it's subjective, unreliable, untested and certainly goes 0.0 metres towards addressing the mathematical benefit of the new wheels.

By your own admission they in and of themselves have not been solely responsible for your marked improvement.

They look nice - if you like the look of them. There isn't anything more you need to justify having them, so stop trying!

Stu
Well I have , the fact that I was errr..........quicker!

jowwy

I've posted plenty of links to studies where they are relevant. But I'm not a scientist myself and neither, I suspect, is YS. But we don't need to be scientists - we can simply post the work of others who are.

Ironically, none of this got personal until you came crashing through the door.
Ironically none of these things happened until you became a member :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well I have , the fact that I was errr..........quicker!
But you don't have enough data to be able to tell what effect the wheels have had. Wait until you stop getting quicker and become consistent, then change your wheelset. That's the test.

But you don't have enough data to be able to tell what effect the wheels have had. Wait until you stop getting quicker and become consistent, then change your wheelset. That's the test.

The only way to really test is on a treadmill with power meters, at a measured speed, in a set gear, at a set cadence. Faster wheels should require less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom