Wheelset on a budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I was all but settled on Shimano RS80 C24, the new version, but at this price, I think I will buy the Pro-lite.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

They look nice, out of my price range I'm afraid. Cancelled the other wheels with my LBS as I didn't want to rush into anything.

Craig-SR

Can anyone give me advice on a cheap wheel upgrade? I have a Giant Roam that has
Rims Giant CR18 DW aluminium
Hubs Formula
Spokes
Stainless steel

Is it worth upgrading them or stick with what i have?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
They look nice, out of my price range I'm afraid. Cancelled the other wheels with my LBS as I didn't want to rush into anything.

Save some more then and hope they are still available, or get your parents to sub you the difference? They are as light as £500+ wheels. At £220, nothing can come close to them IMO. Even at £300, they were hard to look past but with stuff like the Shimano RS80 C24 being close contenders, albeit a tad heavier but with different design features, it was a tougher choice, but <£220 for the Pro-Lite, they are insane VFM.

I bought some.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Save some more then and hope they are still available, or get your parents to sub you the difference? They are as light as £500+ wheels. At £220, nothing can come close to them IMO. Even at £300, they were hard to look past but with stuff like the Shimano RS80 C24 being close contenders, albeit a tad heavier but with different design features, it was a tougher choice, but <£220 for the Pro-Lite, they are insane VFM.

I bought some.

Trust me, my mum was shocked when I even mentioned that I wanted to spend nearly 2/3rds of the price of my bike on some wheels! However, if anyone here wants to buy me a birthday present, you know what to get! :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Can anyone give me advice on a cheap wheel upgrade? I have a Giant Roam that has
Rims Giant CR18 DW aluminium
Hubs Formula
Spokes
Stainless steel

Is it worth upgrading them or stick with what i have?
i have a nice set of wheels for sale in the classifieds

andsaw

I got Shimano R501 300mm version for £76 but that was in the sale from Ribble, just checked and 24mm ones are out of stock but still have the 30mm in at £86 http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...-30mm-bladed-clincher-wheels-pair/shimwhfr204, still a bargain though.

martin122

Regular
Chainreaction are doing pro-lite bracciano wheels for £218.69,, shimano + campag versions, down from 299. Light wheels with good reviews, im tempted myself
I could be wrong on this but on quest website they have these but a updated version I think?? but im not really sure:wacko: correct me if im wrong please:blush:

Peteaud

Veteran

I bought some.

The Pro lite or Mavic 2013 Ksyrium Equipe S

Undecided

Top Bottom