Wheelset on a budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
http://www.questbikes.co.uk/acatalog/Quest-Wheels.html
hope this is right. advert in back of cycle mag says quest Keswick wheelset which replaces bracciano wheels 1445gms pr £268.90. hope this helps:wacko:

It's a different wheelset...

U

User6179

The Pro lite or Mavic 2013 Ksyrium Equipe S

Undecided

If i was a lightweight I would go for the pro-lites !

Lighter the wheels you go they are going to be less durable unless pro-lite know something mavic dosnt!

U

User6179

13 stone 5lb

or 85 KG

Bike is a Giant Defy 2 (2010) with Mavic CX22 at the moment.

Pro-lites then , at £220 they look a steal!

I bought the mavic cosmic elites(£240) as I think they are more durable for heavy 15st rider and type of riding i do ( long flat 50 -100 milers)

U

User6179

Been looking to upgrade my wheels, order now button pressed.

Pro lites ordered.

Also my 1st ever order with CRC.

Got my cosmics from CRC and a lot of other stuff and never had a problem, usually order despatched within 2-3 days. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Anyone got any thoughts on the Fulcrum Racing 7s? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing-7-clincher-wheelset-2013/

edit: just saw the description, it says it's only 11 speed compatible.

andsaw

that's ok but its only shimano 9 and 10 speed. tribans are 8 speed unless im missing a gear or 2:laugh:
There for 8,9,10 speeds if you look down the description says it all, and its exactly what i bought trust me heres the receipt.
Item & DescriptionQtyUnit PriceCostDiscountTotal
SHIMWHFR204_1_thumb.jpg

Shimano Pr Whls R501 30mm Bladed Spoke Clinch Bk 9/10 Shim
1 £106.95 £106.95 £26.74 £80.21

andsaw

DSCF1099.JPG

That's what they look like, make sure you get or have the longer stem inner tubes my spare set are too small so i need some more, good job they are cheap lol.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Pro-lites then , at £220 they look a steal!

I bought the mavic cosmic elites(£240) as I think they are more durable for heavy 15st rider and type of riding i do ( long flat 50 -100 milers)

Not to piss on the parade but they are silly heavy (1900g ffs) and tbh, I doubt they will be more durable than the Pro-Lite, probably about the same, less spokes on the rear, but a slightly deeper rim (3mm). I have the track version (Ellipse, same rim but with black anodised braking surface), IMO massively over priced and under specced, regretted buying them for the past 2 years. Didn't quite get them for £240, but a chunk cheaper than they currently sell for. At least they look good though.

Top Bottom