Wheelset on a budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stumpy66

Veteran
Save some more then and hope they are still available, or get your parents to sub you the difference? They are as light as £500+ wheels. At £220, nothing can come close to them IMO. Even at £300, they were hard to look past but with stuff like the Shimano RS80 C24 being close contenders, albeit a tad heavier but with different design features, it was a tougher choice, but <£220 for the Pro-Lite, they are insane VFM.

I bought some.
Wish i was on commission with these orders :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I was already very close to buying them :tongue: see my comment in 2wd thread a few weeks ago :smile: But you did tip me over the edge when I was steering away back toward the Shimano wheels.

Mine have been dispatched.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

CRC says that they've now discontinued the Shimano freehub version.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Ordered my Bracciano's on Sunday morning after deliberating for a month between those and the Shimano RS80s

Bracciano's have brilliant reviews and for the offer price from CRC make them a no brainer

Like Typhon I was emailed this morning at 07.26 saying they'd been despatched :smile:

Typhon

Well they may have been dispatched on Monday morning but finally in the last couple of hours the parcel force tracking number works and reveals they received the parcel at 7pm tonight.

It's only a slight niggle but when they said delivery would be in 1-3 days they should have just said 3 days if they weren't going to send out the items until the end of the second day. I had to make arrangements just in case they arrived today when now I know there was no chance of that.

The brake pads I ordered came today, in a parcel larger than shoe box. I kid you not. A neighbour had to take it in for me as obviously it wouldn't fit through the letterbox, she asked if I had ordered a box of air. What a waste, you could fit 20 packs of those in a jiffy bag!

This was my first order with chain reaction and I am not too impressed compared to the always excellent wiggle thus far. The product will be worth it in the end though I'm sure!

stumpy66

Veteran
Anyone got theirs yet, still no joy here although says it was put on van for delivery at 04.30, fingers crossed?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not light, but decent price and a solid pair of wheels, not likely to give you any problems. I have a pair for clattering around (they replaced some Shimano RS10's that started pinging spokes after about 3 years of brutal use and abuse) and they are decent.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Anyone got theirs yet, still no joy here although says it was put on van for delivery at 04.30, fingers crossed?

Yes mine arrived an hour ago
Had them delivered to work and have been showing them off to everyone
Very sexy wheels
They can't understand why I want to make love to them though :smile:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I'm seriously jealous of those wheels, wish I could afford the damn things! Enjoy them :biggrin:

Top Bottom