when bike sales people talk rubbish.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've never owned a Brooks, but have the Volvo and the Brompton. Volvo seats are amongst the comfiest in the business, maybe that's the link with the Brooks?

I discovered the joy of Volvos early by accident and feel blessed for it.
I'll admit to being a Volvo fan .....

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
NO, and have no plans to either .....
Phew, that was close, for a minute there you were looking old. ;-)

LimeBurn

Über Member
I've never owned a Brooks, but have the Volvo and the Brompton. Volvo seats are amongst the comfiest in the business, maybe that's the link with the Brooks?

I discovered the joy of Volvos early by accident and feel blessed for it.
Me too - As previously said I'm a mechanic and in all my years of working on cars I've felt more at home in a volvo than in any other car (I did used to have a Lexus RX which made me feel super posh), I've owned all sorts of stuff and normally gravitate towards VW but I've just spent a few weeks test driving all sorts include the brilliant new 5* review Golf - so what did I order?? A new Volvo v40 R-Design. It just felt right. A bit like my brooks on my Dawes Galaxy :smile:

LimeBurn

Über Member
Sort of see your point but currys sell all sorts of electrical gear not just fridges so I would have contacted them to buy a fridge, dishwasher, oven, tv, stereo etc - Linn just concentrate on audio so no I wouldn't phone them for a fridge.
to be fair you'd not phone up Linn to to ask about a fridge, so it's a bit optimistic to expect Curry's to know much about (proper) hi fi.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Gawd, they're at it everywhere though...my daughter went to the London Eye on Friday and has been asked to do a school project off the back of it...asked the tour guide for some useful information and then, when she got home, started doing a write up...her mum nearly passed out when she saw some of the 'facts.' A swift few checks here and there and it turns out you can't believe an official tour guide...either that or he'd been on the mushrooms...

I don't care how much this guy bends the truth. It is how tour guides should be.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFq-v7TKdQ

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Oh woe is me, I've done the set ....

2 out of 3 ain't bad...

There's a song in there somewhere!

Top Bottom