When did you last fall off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trampyjoe

About 20ish years ago here, went around the double bend on the pavement on my old orange dawes 'racer'. On the second of bend my wheels decided they didn't want to grip anymore.

Oh and I was about 14 at the time and didn't care about riding on the pavement .. how things change!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The last time was riding home (from a pub :whistle:) as the heavens opened, after about a mile decided to stop under an underpass to put my phone in my bag, didnt notice that the "join" in the tarmac was actually a 3cm kerb and hit it as I was slowing down so the bike and me lost balance and hit the deck, no harm done. Ive gone over the handlebars a couple of times riding trails that really arent suitable for my hybrid :crazy: and I got concussion a while back which taught me an important lesson about drunk cycling ;)

Eddie

A few weeks ago when I got distracted and hit a pedal on the kerb :blush:. Was only doing about 15mph so it was just a few scrapes.

A few weeks before that I was on a stag do in the lakes and came off down hill at about 20mph. It was wet so didn't even have any serious cuts. I've got to say, i'm not bothered in the slightest about coming off.

Monday just gone, took an off camber turn a wee bit too fast, lost the back wheel and dropped the bike. No real damage to bike or me, 'cept a graze on my knee.

Sunday just gone, attempted a 3 foot drop over a roots, muffed it, rolled over the bars, got up and tried again. Success on the second attempt.

Just pick a weekend, any weekend and I've either come off or had a near miss. If I'm not pushing myself or the bike to the limit of what can be done I don't feel I've tried hard enough.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
First and only time, but twice in succession because I'm stubborn: last winter, riding through the iced up park on my way to work. The local Sunday morning club members came to my aid :girl:
No damage to me or the bike, got a wee bit scared for the next couple of days.
Here, almost forgot: crashed into a guy during the Pedal for Scotland, didn't really fall off, fell on top of him and his bike :laugh:

Cyclist33

A few weeks ago when I got distracted and hit a pedal on the kerb :blush:. Was only doing about 15mph so it was just a few scrapes.

A few weeks before that I was on a stag do in the lakes and came off down hill at about 20mph. It was wet so didn't even have any serious cuts. I've got to say, i'm not bothered in the slightest about coming off.

Until you break your neck!!

Stu

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A few weeks back in deepest darkest Hertfordshire/Essex when I was working out the pedal cages on the Pug I'd just bought from Stevevw. I have never used cages before you see.

I decided to go down a quiet country lane to get my feet in before heading back to the main road. I got my feet in and so went to turn round. For some daft reason, I seemed to turn slightly tighter than usual and because I wasn't going very fast anyway, I simply toppled over in a caged clippless moment!
Luckily because it was a quiet lane nobody saw me, but still! :blush:

After that I got to the next pub and took the ruddy things off until I got it back to where I was staying.

.....Over a some food and a pint or two, of course!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
attempted a 3 foot drop over a roots, muffed it, rolled over the bars, got up and tried again.

*Snigger snigger*.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
21 years ago. Late at night, not sober. I rode into the kerb.

Since then I've done tens of thousands of miles without major incident and without falling off - although I've had one or two near misses.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Ignoring the very silly slicks / cornering / rain / MTB falls the last scary off was hammering down a steep road (Willoughby Road in Ipswich) on the mtb and looked up to see car ahead of me leaving the junction so eased off the brakes to follow it out onto the main road. Looked up again and the car had stopped. I ended up on the ground but have no idea why or how, looking back I wonder if I knocked myself out.

Fortunately I managed not to slam into the back of the stationary car while I was going about 30mph, the poor woman driving the car pulled over and ran over to me quite upset and apologising. I assured her that it wasn't her fault, because it really wasn't and hid the fact I was quite battered and in pain until I had calmed her down and she had gone on her way.

Since then I have been a lot more cautious, it was a valuable wake up call.

VamP

Banned
I tend to average one fall per race. This season, three races in, only one fall so far, but it was a good one!

IMG_1848.JPG

Cecil the homework dog says ''don't try this at home kids'' :ohmy:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
march this year second clipless moment at traffic lights outside my work on a saturday afternoon!!!

needless to say i am now very good at clipping out in a hurry!!! lol. had 3 brown trouser moments recently through pedestrians, and bike issues!!

Last time, in the far north of norway from fatigue...
easier to quote my journal...

"... Then disaster struck, it is over 6,250km since I last managed to come off my bike and then it had not been my fault - this one was my fault. A momentary lapse in concentration and my front wheel left the tarmac but stayed on the 10cm strip of rocky gravel that lies between the road surface and the ditch. I knew if I tried for my brakes, that small movement would be enough to take the bike into the ditch, and the lip back up onto the road was too high for me to get the laden bike up easily. I managed to get the speed down quite some way before the inevitable happened. The bike left the remainder of the road and the front wheel went down into the ditch - I baled. My left knee re-found the tarmac the hard way (the outside and inside of both legs are interestingly bruised) and has provided today's photos. I have ripped 7 holes into my rack-pack - the bag that goes across my rear panniers, but at least nothing is actually broken either with me, my bike or what I am carrying. Luckily we had always assumed that we would need pannier repair patches, so have plenty of them - I have just had to add some more to the list of things my mother and Patrick are bringing out to us very soon! "

IMG_2011_800.JPG

Top Bottom