When did you last fall off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
And what were the circumstances?

As the OP, I'll go first.

My last involuntary dismount was during an organised Sky ride last weekend.

The pedal of my Brompton caught on one of those black and yellow plastic road humps, snagged, and off I went.

Pilot error for tackling the road hump with a pedal at its lowest position, although I expect I'd have got away with it on a bigger-wheeled bike.

No harm done, and full marks to the Sky volunteer ride leaders for the care and first aid attention offered.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
two years ago hit a water filled pothole £50 damage to the bike
me cuts and bruises

Herbie

Veteran
And what were the circumstances?

As the OP, I'll go first.

My last involuntary dismount was during an organised Sky ride last weekend.

The pedal of my Brompton caught on one of those black and yellow plastic road humps, snagged, and off I went.

Pilot error for tackling the road hump with a pedal at its lowest position, although I expect I'd have got away with it on a bigger-wheeled bike.

No harm done, and full marks to the Sky volunteer ride leaders for the care and first aid attention offered.

July 15th on 25mile charity ride...crashed into a stationary rider..completely my fault for taking my eye off the ball as were...wasn't going fast fell quite hard scratched my leg and the bike a wee bit...my leg was awful sore for a few days and kept me off the road for over a week :wacko:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
1st of September 2011. On my first 50 miler a stick flicked into the spokes of my front wheel and brought me down. I was still over 20 miles from home and got back purely on the adrenaline.

Until that ride I could never understand how the pro riders are able to just get back on and race after a big off.

Matthames

Über Member
2nd September, went to drop down a gear and ended up with a load of chain suck. Bike stops dead and I couldn't release my cleats fast enough. The next thing I know I am having a clipless moment.

Reece

Veteran
Last Sunday. Wasn't a complete off but was riding a short but very steep incline trying to get a best strava time segment. Unfortunately at full grunt up the hill my chain slipped of the cassette rhubarb sending my knee into the stem. Managed to just stay in and ride off the pain.

Worst bit as still a good time so reckon I could've been in top 10 easy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 57

gbb

Legendary Member
Quiet countryside road, slight frost on the verges although it was bright and quickly thawing, roads were dry. You sometimes see those black patches in the road, where the chippings have gone (or the tar has come to the surface)...leaving the surface quite shiny.
No problem at all 99% of the time....
So there i was, circa 16mph....all of a sudden i can see my wheels not pointing forwards any more...:eek: BANG, straight down and slid for a few yards.
Grazes to my hip (which is still slightly scarred), slight bang to my elbow, thankfully no traffic.
Still managed another 40 miles that day...just ride through the (slight) pain.
What hurt more was it was the FIRST day i'd worn my new Altura windstopper jacket...:whistle:

simon.r

Person
A few months ago. I still can't work out exactly what happened, but somehow I toppled over while clipping in. It was one of those 'is anyone looking' moments^_^ I got back on and rode about 200 yards before I realised my knee was quite painful! Just minor bruising, nothing serious.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
in 1986 I fell off on my way to the swimming baths... the carrier bag with my trunks and towel in were hung over my handle bars, until they got stuck between the front fork and spokes... I landed on my face, but not too badly.

That was the last time I fell off.

....until about this time last year

... front wheel slipped from under me when joining the cycle track from the quay and I landed on my side.... then again a few months later when we had that lovely freezing rain... and again on tuesday. All three within 10foot of each other... I thought I'd learnt to take that corner carefully and cautiously, but obviously not :sad:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
2 weeks ago, front flat, downhill at 25 mph... Busted shifter and saddle, buckled wheel. Currently riding N+1

Top Bottom