When did you last fall off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
On a friday night ride to the coast, to Whitstable.
I wasn't concentrating and under-steered a right hand turn with the result of running along the kerb and down I went.
No damage to me or bike (apart from lost bar end)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm not sure. I do fall off rather a lot, it would have been during a 'cross race.

It's been a few years since I fell off on the road, the last one on the road was a few years ago- perhaps Dec. 2009- when I was riding in the snow- just a light dusting of fresh snow- not icy at all. There was a raised white line in the road- normally this would mark the edge of the carriageway but the road had been widened a few days before and the original line had not been removed, since it was covered in snow I couldn't see it and my front wheel washed out as it grazed the edge at a very shallow angle.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In June, my own fault.

Been to the school BBQ with my daughter (wife on business trip, son away). Had a few beers, riding up the road slowly with my daughter, turned round to see where she was and tippled over. Landed on my ass. Ouch. Well the beers numbed it !

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
On a friday night ride to the coast, to Whitstable.
I wasn't concentrating and under-steered a right hand turn with the result of running along the kerb and down I went.
No damage to me or bike (apart from lost bar end)

Nearly did the same thing last Sunday, ride leader shouts tight right hander, I was up front with plenty room, nice I thought, let's do this properly, nice clean line, aimed for the apex, scrubbed a tiny bit of speed and leaned in hard, knew I was going to nail it, "perfect", then saw what appeared to be gravel and bottled it, and changed my line which saw me drifting out toward the kerb and having to brake, I thought it was a done deal so just tried to scrub off some speed to minimise the impact, luckily I made it round with inches to spare to the sound of ride leader shouting "you got lucky there".

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 2064616, member: 259"]Yesterday, into the parking area at work, pootled up to the bike stands at 3 mph and slam, over I went. The floor was painted recently and it's very slick. There was tons of rain on it so it was like an ice-rink. I've got a massive bruise on my hip! I can't remember the last time I fell off before that - probably in deep mud on the MTB.[/quote]
OMG: they paint the floors oudoors in Holland? What a civilized country, gonna emigrate again ....
OMG: they don't put hazard signs in Holland after painting floors? Gonna stay where I am ... :laugh:
GWS :hello:

MrC

Last wednesday on the commute an old guy walked off the pavement right in front of me as i was doing 20 mph. I didn't hit him but went flying in one direction and bike in other. Landed on my hip joint then rolled on elbow and head. Pulled my groin muscles on my right leg. Worst thing was it's the same road my wife drives to work and as she drove up she sees me standing with the paramedic and police - must have looked a lot worse thsn it was as a driver stopped and called them. Now she doesn't want me to commute in as thats accident number 3 in the last 9 months, and I had only been back on the bike for 10 days after the last one... I am cursed

martint235

Dog on a bike
April. A ped ran out in front of me and I went over the bars. Banged my ribs a bit but couldn't go to docs as it was only 7 days after he'd told me to take two weeks off the bike due to cracked ribs!

Ped was ok but with a bump on her head, I think that cos I was clipped in the bike came over the top of me and hit her head.

D

Deleted member 1258

2007, clipped by an overtaking car, afternoon in A&E and three weeks off work with a badly bruised back. Scratched paint work on the bike, my Pearson I had only had about a month.:sad:

hoopdriver

Guru
Fifteen years ago - over the handlebars, at speed, coming down a hill near Margaret River, Western Australia. Broke a bunch of ribs, my shoulderblade, messed up some tendons in my shoulder and needed quite a few stitches for a gash in my forearm. Lots of road rash. Helmet took a nasty gash but the noggin inside it was just fine - my head was about the only thing that didn't ache.

Drago

Legendary Member
About 3 years ago at work.

Heard over the wireless that some nasty villain had commited a crime. I wasn't far off, so decided to grab me some glory by nabbing a villain.

Across a roadbridge, then an off road shortcut down a steep grassy embankment to the road below, save about 300 metres.

Head up, arriss back, index fingers coivering the brakes and down I went. I was looking damn good too until the front wheel hit a hidden dip near the bottom and I was flung unceremoniously over the bars. I did my best to try and make it look like I'd meant to do it, but I really think I weas fooling no one.

Severe bruising and soft tissue damage, but only to my pride.

Top Bottom