When do you not cycle?

Not cycling because

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will cycle providing it's safe to do so and I'm warm.

I dont cycle much now though as I've got a bad knee, when I go out I only do long rides now, 40+, usually 100mile ride a week now, well hopefully.

yenrod

I don't start in bad weather as to get wet and cold is a big no-no ! ! !

Ice is fun but generally its only on the side roads that're bad.

Sun can be dangerous esp. from a recently wetted road (glare) !!!

Snows pretty to ride in when it starts BUT when it wets the road - no !

Hail is really painfull - done a ride in shorts once - godammit that was bad !

All conditions can be bad/good.

Once it was thrity degrees and I had the rediculous idea to cool myself down by dropping some water down the neck/back !!!!!

Ice – three/four years ago, I was told by Mrs ArDee that it was too icy to commute to work by bike and that I was an idiot to cycle in.

Well came off and broke three ribs and got no sympathy whilst laying in bed; so I take notice now when told it’s too icy.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
But you are excluding a lot of nutters from your poll...:rolleyes:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I cycle in all of those conditions. I cycled in snow and ice in february. There were a lot of late evenings with subzero temperatures over the last winter. Strong wind is extremely irritating but I won't not cycle in it. Strong rain is also annoying but only really an issue with the hybrid if it goes on at that rate for many hours and it's not been like that apart from summer 2007/8. Sun is probably the one I'm least likely to cycle in as the risk of sunburn and superhot temperatures like this weekend.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Having started a bad habit of coming off my bike on ice, I now try to give the worst icy days a miss. I'd rather do that than have to take much more time off my bike with broken limbs !

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
Hail is really painfull - done a ride in shorts once - godammit that was bad !

You could probably charge a fortune for that in a health farm, if you claimed it dispersed cellulite...:biggrin:

<pictures health nuts on exercise bikes while a bunch of cyclists chuck ice cubes at them>

Could be fun to be doing the chucking!

Rain and wind together would stop me going on a leisure ride or rain might delay it a bit but neither would stop me commuting or going somewhere I needed to be.

Top Bottom