When do you take the Christmas tree & decorations down?

Well?

• 12th night

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • New Year's day

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • As soon as Christmas Day is over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't do Christmas decorations

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Or....

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I don't have a Christmas tree.

Jody

Stubborn git
The other option. Just before NYE so we start the year fresh as we put them up earlier to enjoy the build up.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Take them down?! 365 tinseltown at this gaff. Every day is Christmas. Ho. Ho. And indeed Ho.
As an aside, anyone recall a bloke being interviewed years back who celebrated Christmas every day, and ate a turkey dinner for every evening meal? Did I dream this?

Slick

Guru
We put ours up a wee bit late this year, then Mrs Slick read a probable fake news story about a ladies 2 cats that died after eating the fake snow on some of the decorations. I did think about it for a while, and I know it was probably a load of bull, but why take the risk. Decorations went back up the loft around the 23rd, much to the wee black panthers disgust. :sad:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
There is a house on Margate seafront that has decorations up all year round. Very odd.

AndyRM

XOXO
Take them down?! 365 tinseltown at this gaff. Every day is Christmas. Ho. Ho. And indeed Ho.
As an aside, anyone recall a bloke being interviewed years back who celebrated Christmas every day, and ate a turkey dinner for every evening meal? Did I dream this?

I'm pretty sure that was in Viz. Well, I know it was, he'd started out as Mr Bonfire, but the council 'put him out' so he was changing his thing to Mr Christmas.

I don't think it was a 'real' thing.

Maybe though it would be bloody expensive.

AndyRM

XOXO
This is the state of my decoration. I've been looking after a cat who managed to resist destroying it until day two of her stay with me.

I've left it there as a reminder that she's been a bad little kitty.

IMG_20221228_171444108_HDR.jpg

Slick

Guru
As an addendum, cat-friendly decs here, so nothing breakable on the assumption that someone will want to play pokey-paw with the baubles, and most definitely no tinsel or angel hair.

We didn't really realise any decorations could be bad, and we weren't really bothered if they had some fun with them but I just didn't want to take the risk when I saw them try and eat the fake red berries on the fake wreath. They hated me for it mind. :okay:

We didn't really realise any decorations could be bad, and we weren't really bothered if they had some fun with them but I just didn't want to take the risk when I saw them try and eat the fake red berries on the fake wreath. They hated me for it mind. :okay:

A previous cat of mine was a demon for killing Christmas decs and chewing the tree, so I learned a lot by doing :laugh:

My current two generally tend to ignore them, although I'll invariably find the odd bauble in the damndest of places once the festive season is over... :whistle:

Top Bottom