When do you take the Christmas tree & decorations down?

Well?

• 12th night

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • New Year's day

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • As soon as Christmas Day is over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't do Christmas decorations

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Or....

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
As an addendum, cat-friendly decs here, so nothing breakable on the assumption that someone will want to play pokey-paw with the baubles, and most definitely no tinsel or angel hair.

I didn't know tinsel was dangerous for cats. She's just ignored it since her criminal activities, preferring to scratch my coffee table instead, but only one leg.

Cats are weird little creatures.

I didn't know tinsel was dangerous for cats. She's just ignored it since her criminal activities, preferring to scratch my coffee table instead, but only one leg.

Cats are weird little creatures.

Tinsel's like string - can damage their guts if they chew / swallow it. Ergo I only use bead garlands.

Cats are definitely a law unto themselves. If my two are anything to go by :laugh:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I'm pretty sure that was in Viz. Well, I know it was, he'd started out as Mr Bonfire, but the council 'put him out' so he was changing his thing to Mr Christmas.

I don't think it was a 'real' thing.

Maybe though it would be bloody expensive.

Against my better judgment, I searched for him. Andy Park, lives in Melksham. Looks like he did alright from 1993 to 2015. Went cold turkey thereafter. Yeah. Completely broke, I guess now. His website hasn’t been updated since 2018. Maybe the signal in Lapland is really sketchy?

Viz often found spoofs in real life, so they maybe harvested their clown from this one.

Tragic.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No tree, just a big(ish) blue light in the window (it's supposed to be a snowflake, but folk ask if it's a star),

1672255802886.png

a few baubles and about 15 cards. The light will come down on New Years Day, the cards a few days later and the baubles stay up all year round, seeing as they aren't really Christmas ones. When the window light has come down I'll replace it with a smaller light I'll put on the window bottom. The light will symbolise the shortening nights and keep evil spirits at bay!!🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know of one or two houses around here where their outside lights stay up all year round. Fair enough, it's a big hassle fitting, then taking down many lights on house roofs and walls, so why not leave them up all year round, but they look a bit daft on a hot summer's day.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom