When I was little...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
....I used to wear my new Christmas dress to church on Christmas morning.

This year however, having just had confirmation that Santa has indeed read, acknowledged and ordered my Christmas list, I shall sit in the pews wearing my new Altura Night Vision Jacket, some Altura winter gloves and a long sleeved base layer in merino wool.

As my mother muttered darkly in November 'You've changed.'

Cannot wait till Chrimbo....:blush:

Noodley

Cathryn said:

This year however, having just had confirmation that Santa has indeed read, acknowledged and ordered my Christmas list, I shall sit in the pews wearing my new Altura Night Vision Jacket, some Altura winter gloves and a long sleeved base layer in merino wool.

Cannot wait till Chrimbo....:smile:

I hope you know all the words as you'll have problems turning the pages :blush:

KitsuneAndy

Cathryn said:

Cannot wait till Chrimbo....:blush:

When I was little my mum used to take me to church when they gave out oranges with cocktail sticks in them with sweets on, they were awesome.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I went for visibility over chicness, BTFB. At least I shall shine in the candlelight like a Christmas Angel with a halo.

And yes, I think I may be inspired to write a cycling carol a la Dayvo.

The last time I was in church on Christmas Eve (1982, I think), my mate (who is/was the religious one) was so pissed , he puked up over the back of the unknowing person sitting in front with his wife. :blush::blush: It was Clive Allen, the footballer.

col

Legendary Member
Do you remember the pillow case at the end of the bed?great memories for me,waking at 3 or 4 in the morning,that excited our stomachs were aching,:blush:

Noodley

Cathryn said:
I went for visibility over chicness, BTFB.

So, is that black or yellow? If it's in the dark....:blush:

col said:
Do you remember the pillow case at the end of the bed?great memories for me,waking at 3 or 4 in the morning,that excited our stomachs were aching,:smile:

Yeah, but we had stockings at the end of the bed.
My stomach was aching for a different reason! I remember once waking up, opened my younger brother's selection box, and stuffed my face! Just after midnight! :smile::blush:

col

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Yeah, but we had stockings at the end of the bed.
My stomach was aching for a different reason! I remember once waking up, opened my younger brother's selection box, and stuffed my face! Just after midnight! :smile::blush:

We had one each too,with fruit and nuts ,some money in the bottom,and a little toy,and sweets.We were only allowed to get stuck into our socks,until mum and dad woke,but we couldnt wake them until after five:biggrin:I still feel good at christmas,i think its because we had great ones at home as kids,not as excited as then,well maybe a little;)

Noodley

col said:
Do you remember the pillow case at the end of the bed?

Our kids put up a very small knitted stocking...and in the morning it has "grown" into a large Santa sack, magic! My elder daughter tries to be "wise" to it - and fails miserably! :smile: A bit like her dad :blush::smile:

Santa quite enjoys the bottle of wine they leave out as well. :smile:

col

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Our kids put up a very small knitted stocking...and in the morning it has "grown" into a large Santa sack, magic! My elder daughter tries to be "wise" to it - and fails miserably! :smile: A bit like her dad :blush::smile:

Santa quite enjoys the bottle of wine they leave out as well. :smile:

When my son was younger,we used to put a carrot as a treat for rudolph on the mantlepiece,with santas drink of milk and cake,and when he got up in the morning,rudolph had indeed eaten half the carrot,but greedy santa had eaten all the cake too.:smile:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
col said:
When my son was younger,we used to put a carrot as a treat for rudolph on the mantlepiece,with santas drink of milk and cake,and when he got up in the morning,rudolph had indeed eaten half the carrot,but greedy santa had eaten all the cake too.:blush:
(Buuuuurp) ! SNAP !

Top Bottom