When you die

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by colly, 12 Mar 2019.

1. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Very good! ^_^

2. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Truth be told, I carry a donor card.
    Once they've taken anything of use (very little at this rate) I'm hoping to be cremated and scattered into the Irish Sea from the Ireland side.
    I never learnt to swim. It'll be the only time I ever float in water :smile:

Unless some f***er kills me and chucks me in the L&L Canal.

3. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

When I die and they lay me to rest
    Gonna go to the place that's the best

4. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

"I'm gonna go on the pish with Georgie Best!"

Dave7 and Wixsteman like this.
  5. Bonus

Bonus Über Member

I haven't read through the entire 7 pages of this thread so this may have been mentioned already, but regarding leaving your body to "medical science", it sounds like a great idea for allowing new medical students to study the human body - then I remember some years ago the car company, in Germany I think, that was using human bodies donated to medical science in place of crash test dummies in simulated car accidents.

I'm sure the knowledge they gained was useful, but somehow thinking of my body being thrown though the windscreen of a new model BMW or Merc just turns my stomach :-(

6. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

I see what you did there.

7. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

My memory could be faulty here, but wasn't there an alleged story on t'interweb a few years back about someone who had their body carbonised and the carbon converted into a small diamond, which their partner then had attached to some part of their body?

8. PaulB

PaulB Guru

I know. But you can stipulate they only use your dead and rotting corpse in a Mercedes Benz C class or above. Go (a bit more) out in style, eh?

Beebo likes this.
  9. Shortandcrisp

Shortandcrisp Senior Member

I’ve decided against it.

SpokeyDokey and NorthernDave like this.
  10. Wife & daughter both know that any useful bits can be harvested for transplant
    The rest of me?, it's up to them what they do

Nothing religious though, but I did say bury me in Small Gods Cemetery, which will give them something to think about:angel:

11. Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Scatter my ashes from the top of Snaefell during TT week.
    There's no place like home........

raleighnut and SpokeyDokey like this.
  12. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

I didnt :blush:

classic33 likes this.
  13. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Hah - SunLife have just sent me a 'funeral plan offer'. They say that the average funeral in Yorkshire costs £4,000-5,000! No problem though, as a 63 year old I can start giving them just £25/month, increasing annually until I am 80, and then I won't need to worry about the cost ...

Blow that for a game of soldiers - harvest the good bits, dissect the worn-out bits, and burn the 'off-cuts'. Total cost - nowt! :laugh:

raleighnut, classic33 and meta lon like this.
  14. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

The mother of a close friend of mine wanted her ashes scattered around her favourite places in the UK. It took my friend more than two years to finally get rid of her ashes while the contents of the urn in his dining room slowly reduced.

I have told my wife I would like my ashes scattered around my favourite holiday spots around the world. She hates flying so I suppose I'll just end up being thrown on the beach at Barry Island.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2019
    colly likes this.
  15. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

My s-i-l died in February and I have been dealing with all the arrangements. My computer is now full of adverts for funeral plans.

Her ashes are being buried with her parents' ashes and we have just come across a photograph she took of their headstone a few years back when her mother died, with that headstone shadowed by the silhouette of her taking the photo. Very spooky.

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice