When you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Truth be told, I carry a donor card.
Once they've taken anything of use (very little at this rate) I'm hoping to be cremated and scattered into the Irish Sea from the Ireland side.
I never learnt to swim. It'll be the only time I ever float in water :smile:

Unless some f***er kills me and chucks me in the L&L Canal.

Bonus

Veteran
I haven't read through the entire 7 pages of this thread so this may have been mentioned already, but regarding leaving your body to "medical science", it sounds like a great idea for allowing new medical students to study the human body - then I remember some years ago the car company, in Germany I think, that was using human bodies donated to medical science in place of crash test dummies in simulated car accidents.

I'm sure the knowledge they gained was useful, but somehow thinking of my body being thrown though the windscreen of a new model BMW or Merc just turns my stomach :-(

Slioch

Guru
My memory could be faulty here, but wasn't there an alleged story on t'interweb a few years back about someone who had their body carbonised and the carbon converted into a small diamond, which their partner then had attached to some part of their body?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm sure the knowledge they gained was useful, but somehow thinking of my body being thrown though the windscreen of a new model BMW or Merc just turns my stomach :-(

I know. But you can stipulate they only use your dead and rotting corpse in a Mercedes Benz C class or above. Go (a bit more) out in style, eh?

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
I’ve decided against it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hah - SunLife have just sent me a 'funeral plan offer'. They say that the average funeral in Yorkshire costs £4,000-5,000! No problem though, as a 63 year old I can start giving them just £25/month, increasing annually until I am 80, and then I won't need to worry about the cost ...

Blow that for a game of soldiers - harvest the good bits, dissect the worn-out bits, and burn the 'off-cuts'. Total cost - nowt! :laugh:

The mother of a close friend of mine wanted her ashes scattered around her favourite places in the UK. It took my friend more than two years to finally get rid of her ashes while the contents of the urn in his dining room slowly reduced.

I have told my wife I would like my ashes scattered around my favourite holiday spots around the world. She hates flying so I suppose I'll just end up being thrown on the beach at Barry Island.

Last edited:
My s-i-l died in February and I have been dealing with all the arrangements. My computer is now full of adverts for funeral plans.

Her ashes are being buried with her parents' ashes and we have just come across a photograph she took of their headstone a few years back when her mother died, with that headstone shadowed by the silhouette of her taking the photo. Very spooky.

Top Bottom