When you die

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by colly, 12 Mar 2019.

1. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Also on the organ donor register, so they can have / use whatever is worth having.

Then I'm another one for the full on blazing Viking longship, which seems more popular on here than I'd anticipated.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2019
  2. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

200ft tall Gordon Bennett style owl mausoleum for me.

owl.jpg

Edwardoka, classic33 and Fnaar like this.
  3. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

She will be too busy. What with hanging the washing and "bimbling" around welsh wales.

4. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Unless you are a palm tree ^_^.

classic33 likes this.
  5. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

I would like to be a donor but a) Mrs D is against it and b) I cant imagine anyone being interested in my bits although I may do a Ken Dodd and have a cucumber glued on next to a sign saying "the martians have landed"
    We are shortly going to have a natter with family about what happens when cloggs are popped.
    Kids will be financially ok and that pleases me.
    Our 2 "children" and the eldest grandchildren still talk affectionately about Mrs Ds Mum and I just hope they will all feel similar about us in years to come. If not I will come back and haunt the little barstewards

classic33 and raleighnut like this.
  6. Do it in the Winter and you'll be helping to grit the roads :okay:

7. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

remember to get the farmer to leave his bum sticking out of the ground. You'll need somewhere to park your bike when visiting the grave

EDIT - damn, joke already used. Oh well

Last edited: 13 Mar 2019
  8. Redlight

Redlight Well-Known Member

Any useable bits donated to needy recipients, the rest cremated. Don't care about the ashes - they might be quite good for the flower beds in the back garden. (My brother in law keeps my sister's ashes on the bookshelf and talks to them, which I find rather sad.)

Assuming I outlive my parents, the only family are my wife and son, and I'm an atheist, so a funeral seems a bit unnecessary, but I imagine (hope?) they will want to do something "formal" as a way of saying goodbye. I think 2 or 3 people are permitted to attend a straightforward, no-frills, disposal so that would seem the most likely option.

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I have a friend who runs non-religious and non-demoninational funerals. Assuming she outlives me, and has all her marbles, she'll be doing mine :okay: seeing as I am atheist :smile:

Dirk and Edwardoka like this.
  10. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Donor card carried.

Once they've had what they want (if anything, as I hope its all well and truly knackered by the time I toddle off) then it's a cremation for me, no funeral service whatsoever and then ashes on Scout Scar Kendal where I have spent many happy hours wandering.

Not yet decided what I'm coming back as. :smile:

11. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Remark Generator, Waffler

Best funeral I ever attended was a humanist ceremony. It's an odd thing to have a favourite of, but it was really excellent.

Dirk, colly, SpokeyDokey and 3 others like this.
  12. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

Strip me for parts and cremate the rest. Scatter me at the seaside please.

13. Slioch

Slioch Veteran

Ditto

Edwardoka likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    colly

colly Re member eR

Are you saying she is good at getting people off ?

classic33 likes this.
  15. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

:laugh::okay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice