When you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
200ft tall Gordon Bennett style owl mausoleum for me.

owl.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I would like to be a donor but a) Mrs D is against it and b) I cant imagine anyone being interested in my bits although I may do a Ken Dodd and have a cucumber glued on next to a sign saying "the martians have landed"
We are shortly going to have a natter with family about what happens when cloggs are popped.
Kids will be financially ok and that pleases me.
Our 2 "children" and the eldest grandchildren still talk affectionately about Mrs Ds Mum and I just hope they will all feel similar about us in years to come. If not I will come back and haunt the little barstewards

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have told Mr WD when he dies i will get the farmer to dig a hole in the field and i will bury him there. All it will cost me is a few quid for the farmer to buy himself a drink. ^_^

remember to get the farmer to leave his bum sticking out of the ground. You'll need somewhere to park your bike when visiting the grave

EDIT - damn, joke already used. Oh well

Last edited:

Redlight

Any useable bits donated to needy recipients, the rest cremated. Don't care about the ashes - they might be quite good for the flower beds in the back garden. (My brother in law keeps my sister's ashes on the bookshelf and talks to them, which I find rather sad.)

Assuming I outlive my parents, the only family are my wife and son, and I'm an atheist, so a funeral seems a bit unnecessary, but I imagine (hope?) they will want to do something "formal" as a way of saying goodbye. I think 2 or 3 people are permitted to attend a straightforward, no-frills, disposal so that would seem the most likely option.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have a friend who runs non-religious and non-demoninational funerals. Assuming she outlives me, and has all her marbles, she'll be doing mine :okay: seeing as I am atheist :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Donor card carried.

Once they've had what they want (if anything, as I hope its all well and truly knackered by the time I toddle off) then it's a cremation for me, no funeral service whatsoever and then ashes on Scout Scar Kendal where I have spent many happy hours wandering.

Not yet decided what I'm coming back as. :smile:

Top Bottom