When you die

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by colly, 12 Mar 2019.

1. postman

postman Legendary Member

chamber-pots-century-chamber-pot-chamber-pots-for-sale-uk-antique-chamber-pots-for-sale.jpg Put me down for one of these.

2. postman

postman Legendary Member

Viking longboat on Roundhay Park lake,or ashes scattered in Otley or Langstrothdale.

3. OP
    OP
    colly

colly Re member eR

On a different but related note.

A neice of ours has very recently lost her twin girls during pregancy. In fact we went to the burial only last week. She called round today and was saying for a not very big headstone and a small surround for the plot it's going to cost £1800.

Seems a huge amount to me but I don't know. Maybe it's just what these things cost.

4. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

There won't be anything left of me to donate.
    The day before I die, I'm having myself turned into a biochemical bomb and I'm taking out my ex wife. :okay:

classic33 likes this.
  5. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

I once saw the von Hagens Bodyworlds exhibition and briefly considered the paperwork to leave my remains to his plastination institute.
    However I am on the NHS donor register. Mrs L won't consider doing the same but is aware of my wishes.

6. PK99

PK99 Guru

Fanny of the Eponymous, and much loved by local cyclists, Fanny's Farm near Merstham was so launched a few years ago.

7. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

I want a large and ornate mausoleum, and a coffin above ground with one of them bell thingamy jigs.

nickyboy, raleighnut and Fnaar like this.
  8. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Being turned into bio-diesel is another attractive option.

9. Edwardoka

Edwardoka Facetious Remark Generator, Waffler

Why, do you keep it in your basement?

For me, organ donor card then once they've had the bits of me that aren't useless, take what's left onto the Arran ferry Weekend-at-Bernie's style and tip me in the sea.

classic33 likes this.
  10. I've made arrangements for my ashes to be buried in my palm tree's soil. I can't think of a better place to end up. :becool:

11. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Have told my lot that if I ever die :okay:, the then whatever's useful can be donated, and at minimum cost, get me cremated. Then, stick the ashes in some kind of perforated metal container, strap the container to a bike rack (rear would be best) and cycle me round Northumberland till I'm all gone :smile:

Either that, or a full state funeral, with lying-in-state in Westminster Abbey, royals and celebs in attendance, and all my former girlfriends invited (each gets a box of tissues to dry their eyes). And the date of my death should become 'Fnaar Day', when nobody has to go to work, and everyone is encouraged walk round making smutty jokes, and Benny Hill-style chases round the towns/parks are encouraged. Everyone pays a fiver to participate, and the longest Benny-chase wins a free meal and a pint at Weatherspoons. The rest of the money raised goes to a charity supporting research into whatever kills me.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2019
    Profpointy, Edwardoka, dave r and 5 others like this.
  12. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Having been there, but not long enough for any use to be made, I decided they could have what they wanted that may be of any use. To be followed by the ashes to be shot into space.

Meaning my life may have ended, but not the journey.

Slioch, Fnaar and Accy cyclist like this.
  13. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Is that for just in case, with a doctor on standby?

14. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

That Benny Hill sketch was filmed in the grounds of my old school.
    It is unclear to this day why the headmaster and bursar allowed it. Imagine doing that on school property today.

Fnaar likes this.
  15. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

They can do anything with me but I draw the line at a crash test cadaver for BMW or Audi.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested they are buried with their backside only above the ground to be used as a bike stand, as per that old Billy Connolly joke.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice