When you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
You can put my name down for a commemorative mug. Or a fridge magnet.

chamber-pots-century-chamber-pot-chamber-pots-for-sale-uk-antique-chamber-pots-for-sale.jpg
Put me down for one of these.

postman

Legendary Member
Viking longboat on Roundhay Park lake,or ashes scattered in Otley or Langstrothdale.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
On a different but related note.

A neice of ours has very recently lost her twin girls during pregancy. In fact we went to the burial only last week. She called round today and was saying for a not very big headstone and a small surround for the plot it's going to cost £1800.

Seems a huge amount to me but I don't know. Maybe it's just what these things cost.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I once saw the von Hagens Bodyworlds exhibition and briefly considered the paperwork to leave my remains to his plastination institute.
However I am on the NHS donor register. Mrs L won't consider doing the same but is aware of my wishes.

PK99

Legendary Member
Organ donation if possible followed by cremation .
Then I want the ashes launched into the sky in the biggest rocket the fireworks factory can provide.

Fanny of the Eponymous, and much loved by local cyclists, Fanny's Farm near Merstham was so launched a few years ago.

I expect a bidding war amongst various institutions to display the closest example of the human ideal.
Why, do you keep it in your basement?

For me, organ donor card then once they've had the bits of me that aren't useless, take what's left onto the Arran ferry Weekend-at-Bernie's style and tip me in the sea.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Have told my lot that if I ever die :okay:, the then whatever's useful can be donated, and at minimum cost, get me cremated. Then, stick the ashes in some kind of perforated metal container, strap the container to a bike rack (rear would be best) and cycle me round Northumberland till I'm all gone :smile:

Either that, or a full state funeral, with lying-in-state in Westminster Abbey, royals and celebs in attendance, and all my former girlfriends invited (each gets a box of tissues to dry their eyes). And the date of my death should become 'Fnaar Day', when nobody has to go to work, and everyone is encouraged walk round making smutty jokes, and Benny Hill-style chases round the towns/parks are encouraged. Everyone pays a fiver to participate, and the longest Benny-chase wins a free meal and a pint at Weatherspoons. The rest of the money raised goes to a charity supporting research into whatever kills me.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Having been there, but not long enough for any use to be made, I decided they could have what they wanted that may be of any use. To be followed by the ashes to be shot into space.

Meaning my life may have ended, but not the journey.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Have told my lot that if I ever die :okay:, the then whatever's useful can be donated, and at minimum cost, get me cremated. Then, stick the ashes in some kind of perforated metal container, strap the container to a bike rack (rear would be best) and cycle me round Northumberland till I'm all gone :smile:

Either that, or a full state funeral, with lying-in-state in Westminster Abbey, royals and celebs in attendance, and all my former girlfriends invited (each gets a box of tissues to dry their eyes). And the date of my death should become 'Fnaar Day', when nobody has to go to work, and everyone is encouraged walk round making smutty jokes, and Benny Hill-style chases round the towns/parks are encouraged. Everyone pays a fiver to participate, and the longest Benny-chase wins a free meal and a pint at Weatherspoons. The rest of the money raised goes to a charity supporting research into whatever kills me.

That Benny Hill sketch was filmed in the grounds of my old school.
It is unclear to this day why the headmaster and bursar allowed it. Imagine doing that on school property today.

Top Bottom