When you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Tell them to hold their horses I'm not yet available, it was just a cough after all.

It’s not the cough that carries you off it’s the coffin they carry you off in.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've carried a donor card for 40yrs (since I rode motorbikes) but I doubt anything will be of much use now, as for funeral the cheapest cremation option for me, I've told Maz she can sell my Telecaster to pay for it.

Oh BTW did it ever become the rule that you had to actively 'opt out' of organ donations or did that fall by the wayside, I know it was being discussed some time back.

Tommy2

Über Member
As far as I’m concerned I want them to harvest as much as possible and put it to good use and let nothing go to waste, unfortunately I feel they won’t strip me of everything useful and something will get binned that could have found a good home.

Part of me wants to stipulate it goes to a good owner but at the end of the day who decides who is worthy cause I sure won’t be able to at that point.

Tommy2

Über Member
I've carried a donor card for 40yrs (since I rode motorbikes) but I doubt anything will be of much use now, as for funeral the cheapest cremation option for me, I've told Maz she can sell my Telecaster to pay for it.

Oh BTW did it ever become the rule that you had to actively 'opt out' of organ donations or did that fall by the wayside, I know it was being discussed some time back.

I think Wales is opt out but everywhere else is opt in sadly.

Levo-Lon

Guru
There will be a bag of broken bones when I die, given my current going rate.

Your scrap value will be excellent

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I've thought about it but am a bit turned off by the prospect particually after watching a programme where a medical student in a hospital was carrying a human foot and lower leg...presumably for dissection or practice of some sort.
My overriding thought was...jesus, that was part of a living human with thoughts and feelings....its just something I can't reconcile in myself. It doesnt make sense but I can't get past that thought.
You will not feel a thing,

Top Bottom