When you die

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by colly, 12 Mar 2019.

1. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Whatever can be used is being donated. What is left I don't care as I shall not be around. Mrs B knows the only stipulation is if there is a ceremony I want Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb played.
    A maternal uncle left his body for medical students. Admirable motives, but it had an effect on my cousin, (who knew of his wishes before he died), as it was only after his remains were returned to her, around 12 months later, that she found she could move on from his death.

Dirk and meta lon like this.
  2. keithmac

keithmac Über Member

I'm on the same wavelength as Guy Martin "When you're dead, you're dead..".

Signed up for organ donation via card and driving licence, wife knows so that's all you can do really?.

meta lon and raleighnut like this.
  3. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

My sons all know that my ashes are to be scattered on the summit of Tryfan in Snowdonia.

4. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

My favourite mountain in Wales :smile:

5. Jenkins

Jenkins Guru

Another one on the organ donor register, so they get first claim on anything useable.

After that, it's my sister's problem - as long as I don't get used as an organic Angel of the North type statue.

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  6. PaulB

PaulB Guru

I most serpently would not go for that one. In my time, I've operated on, or assisted operating on or provided assistance in operating on cadavers and was strongly of the opinion I would most definitely not want to end up like that. I know we all believe we mean more than our life span is worth but to try and eke out some last vestiges of meaning are not for me.

Some students, as a way of dealing with the enormity of facing a corpse for the first time, make jokes or come out with insults about the cadaver assigned to them and the deteriorating state the bodies are in when they're rolled out again and again makes a mockery of you wanting to lose weight, look your best, wear your best clothes etc because it all comes to naught in the end.

7. Glow worm

Glow worm Guru

I'm probably too old now for anything to be recycled when I go, though when I'm cremated, at least the folks shovelling out the ash from the stove thing will know I was a cyclist when they spot the titanium collar bone plate thing lying there!

Last edited: 13 Mar 2019
    Dave7, Fnaar, SpokeyDokey and 2 others like this.
  8. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Would you Adam and Eve it?

SpokeyDokey and Glow worm like this.
  9. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Cremation, on average, results in approximately 8lbs of ashes for the average male.

Fnaar likes this.
  10. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

I just stipulated that a whole army of security guards be employed to prevent many hundreds of my mistresses from throwing themselves onto my funeral pyre.

Last edited: 14 Mar 2019
    Fnaar, Markymark, Edwardoka and 4 others like this.
  11. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

Metal joints from cremations are weighed in for scrap.

dave r and meta lon like this.
  12. meta lon

meta lon Guru

You get covered in ash on windy days though :laugh:
    But it sure is a lovely spot

Dave7 and FishFright like this.
  13. meta lon

meta lon Guru

I'll stop hearing about Brexit... What a plus:banghead:

14. OP
    OP
    colly

colly Re member eR

No more than l would expect. ^_^
    You're right of course that time and death make a mockery of us all.
    There is no dignity in death for any of us so bugger it l say.

Fnaar and classic33 like this.
  15. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

There's a funny thing on facebook about swallowing popcorn kernels before you die and then being cremated and it being a fun popcorn thing....although probably not scientifically correct - would be pretty funny...

Dave7, Fnaar, Glow worm and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice