When you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Whatever can be used is being donated. What is left I don't care as I shall not be around. Mrs B knows the only stipulation is if there is a ceremony I want Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb played.
A maternal uncle left his body for medical students. Admirable motives, but it had an effect on my cousin, (who knew of his wishes before he died), as it was only after his remains were returned to her, around 12 months later, that she found she could move on from his death.

keithmac

Guru
I'm on the same wavelength as Guy Martin "When you're dead, you're dead..".

Signed up for organ donation via card and driving licence, wife knows so that's all you can do really?.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another one on the organ donor register, so they get first claim on anything useable.

After that, it's my sister's problem - as long as I don't get used as an organic Angel of the North type statue.

PaulB

Legendary Member
So it will arrive sooner or later for all of us. Some will see it coming, some will have no warning at all.
Some will suffer and some will blink out like a light.
After that though what's your preference for how your earthy remains are dealt with ? @ColinJ mentioned something in ' Your Ride Today' and it got me thinking.

I have a leaning towards signing over what is left for medical use. I'm more than happy for organs of any kind to be used to help others (if they are still worth using). My body will be more use being practised on by students than it would either mouldering away in a box underground or drifting up a crematorium chimney.
I actually downloaded the forms for this some months ago but haven't filled them in yet.

It's sort of morbid I grant but being closer to the end than most it has crossed my mind.

What about you lot?
I most serpently would not go for that one. In my time, I've operated on, or assisted operating on or provided assistance in operating on cadavers and was strongly of the opinion I would most definitely not want to end up like that. I know we all believe we mean more than our life span is worth but to try and eke out some last vestiges of meaning are not for me.

Some students, as a way of dealing with the enormity of facing a corpse for the first time, make jokes or come out with insults about the cadaver assigned to them and the deteriorating state the bodies are in when they're rolled out again and again makes a mockery of you wanting to lose weight, look your best, wear your best clothes etc because it all comes to naught in the end.

classic33

Leg End Member
Cremation, on average, results in approximately 8lbs of ashes for the average male.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I most serpently would not go for that one. In my time, I've operated on, or assisted operating on or provided assistance in operating on cadavers and was strongly of the opinion I would most definitely not want to end up like that. I know we all believe we mean more than our life span is worth but to try and eke out some last vestiges of meaning are not for me.

Some students, as a way of dealing with the enormity of facing a corpse for the first time, make jokes or come out with insults about the cadaver assigned to them and the deteriorating state the bodies are in when they're rolled out again and again makes a mockery of you wanting to lose weight, look your best, wear your best clothes etc because it all comes to naught in the end.

No more than l would expect. ^_^
You're right of course that time and death make a mockery of us all.
There is no dignity in death for any of us so bugger it l say.

Last edited:
Top Bottom