Where are all the cyclists today?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
I've just cycled a 6.5 mile round trip in one of the prettiest parts of the Low Weald of Kent - usually swarming with leisure cyclists... well there were very few cars but apart from one young lad in a hoodie trying out his new bike on the pavement in Headcorn, there were NO cyclists on the road! I met a horse, a trotting cart, people with dogs... Where are you all? This has never happened before, especially on a cold sunny dry day which is also a Sunday...

I had a lovely ride though!

Fubar

Guru
I was out with the club, 101k ride in very cold conditions and icy in places - loop up to Cupar, surprised you never saw us!

Sharky

Guru
I was out in Kent, but the North Downs. It was very icy this morning, so only went out a mid day. Lots of sunshine, but cold, so I took the back roads and searched out all the hills. Took in two H/C courses and lots of grinds in between. Not very fast, but it kept me warm.

Will try and force myself to go out New Years Day. Always see lots out that day.

Cheers Keith

bpsmith

Veteran
Had A chest and sinus infection here for 3 weeks now. Tried everything, including antibiotics now. Still coughing up the green stuff mixed with blood and ears popping with each breath. Would have been out by now, for a really casual one, but the balance is gone too. :sad:

Get well soon guys!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
This one is sitting on his fat erchie..
Icy pavements and occasional patches on the side roads..
Eating, drinking and being merry:thumbsup:

Venod

Eh up
Went for a walk full length of Scarborough, South (The Royal) to North (Scalby Mills) then back, plenty of cyclist about this end of the country a lot of surfers and a lot of walkers, stopped for a cofee in the Harbour Bar and it was packed.

http://theharbourbar.co.uk/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Yep- same here. Sat here under a blanket with a Lemsip listening to the football looking longingly at that lovely weather outside! Seriously miffed!
Had A chest and sinus infection here for 3 weeks now. Tried everything, including antibiotics now. Still coughing up the green stuff mixed with blood and ears popping with each breath. Would have been out by now, for a really casual one, but the balance is gone too. :sad:

Get well soon guys!
You guys! This is not good! You must look after yourselves and keep warm and GET WELL SOON!

Top Bottom