Where are all the cyclists today?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
Worth a visit?
To risk thread hijack:

I think it's worth a trip if, like you, are near it. Two aisles of clothing, a few light etc. better than cycle surgery that used to be on the other side of the Purley Way but thought it was still a small selection of gear. General climbing, hiking, running etc there appeared to be a decent stock.

I would go again as it's only 13 miles from me but I suspect I would order online.

vickster

Legendary Member
To risk thread hijack:

I think it's worth a trip if, like you, are near it. Two aisles of clothing, a few light etc. better than cycle surgery that used to be on the other side of the Purley Way but thought it was still a small selection of gear. General climbing, hiking, running etc there appeared to be a decent stock.

I would go again as it's only 13 miles from me but I suspect I would order online.
I'm in Sutton, probably 5 miles from here

Crankarm

Guru
I've just cycled a 6.5 mile round trip in one of the prettiest parts of the Low Weald of Kent - usually swarming with leisure cyclists... well there were very few cars but apart from one young lad in a hoodie trying out his new bike on the pavement in Headcorn, there were NO cyclists on the road! I met a horse, a trotting cart, people with dogs... Where are you all? This has never happened before, especially on a cold sunny dry day which is also a Sunday...

I had a lovely ride though!

You must be a leisure part time cyclist cos all the proper ones were indoors in the warm enjoying whats left of our holidays. Just sayin'. Back to work tomorrow though, resumption of my 35-40 mile commute EVERYDAY not just on holidays or on a sunday morning although I do work weekends as well which I ride to an and from work as well. Generally see the clubbers out for their 9am rides on a sunday, although this sunday I believe they cancelled because it was too icy > Light weights.

Anyway I am off to replace my bike's bottom bracket.

fatjel

Veteran
I went thru Headcorn about 11.30 on my leisure / part time cycle was very quiet in 5hrs probly saw only 4 or 5 others.
Only fools and horses work .. Just sayin'

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
You must be a leisure part time cyclist cos all the proper ones were indoors in the warm enjoying whats left of our holidays. Just sayin'. Back to work tomorrow though, resumption of my 35-40 mile commute EVERYDAY not just on holidays or on a sunday morning although I do work weekends as well which I ride to an and from work as well. Generally see the clubbers out for their 9am rides on a sunday, although this sunday I believe they cancelled because it was too icy > Light weights.

Anyway I am off to replace my bike's bottom bracket.
Not icy here.

Also I am a commuter, I almost never get a leisure ride. Don't know why you have to think that in response to my OP? My 6.5 mile round trip was what I call my "domestic commute", ie going round to give care to my elderly parents. It was a lovely ride, doesn't make it purposeless.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know where you mean, I'm rubbish with road numbers. It's a bit undulating but hardly hilly :smile:

Top Bottom