Where are you riding / have you ridden today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moxey

53 miles for me. Out to kendal via Arnside. Dry but windy. Headwind on the way back too which is never good

Michiel

30.5 miles on my own ... headed down the fallowfield loop, then down the canal to sales and looped back via the TransPennine route, the last 6 mile back down the fallowfield loop. Somewhat windy but all in all and enjoyable ride.

pepecat

17.9 miles up over Clent just outside Birmingham. Was planning to do more but the energy tank was empty. Got caught in the rain and had very wet feet and arse but it was vaguely enjoyable (the being wet, not the ride itself).

Holdsworth

Über Member
I managed 32 miles today. I went from Crewe through the back lanes via Warmingham to Middlewich and over to Holmes Chapel through some more lanes. Then onto Chelford and Alderley Edge to drop something off at my father's house, it turned out he was in so I stayed for few hours.

Then I went down the A34 to Congleton. I hit problems 3 miles from the town when I started experiencing massive stomach pains and nausea, stopped a few times but the pain always came back a few minutes down the road. I finally stopped on the A534 at the far edge of the town and caught the #38 bus back to Crewe (luckily I was allowed on with the bike). I didn't want to carry on as it was rather bad and I had a few more painful surges on the bus, I managed to cycle the 1.5m from the bus station in Crew to home without problems. The pain has subsided but there is occasional rising discomfort.

Also got absolutely soaked on the way to Alderley Edge. I encountered a sequence of very heavy showers and I quickly gave up on putting on my jacket as I was already wet. It wasn't too bad really, even though I was my jersey was soaked to my skin I felt good. The lack of overshoes made my feet cold and clammy and I will be looking into a pair as shoes take an age to dry out. I was on the road bike which is sans mudguards so I ended up with sray over my Carradice saddlebag, up my back and on my ankles at the top of the socks.

chewy

Wanted to do 60 plus around the Two Moors 100 circuit but with the weather iffy I cut it short. Good job as my neck pain was very bad and the wind nearly had me off more than once!
Will definitely be buying a neck buff before doing any serious mileage!

lulubel

Über Member
20 miles today - down the valley towards Malaga, then looped round and back along the "top" road. The wind was kind and got behind me on the uphill sections on the way back! I would have liked to go further, but my left calf felt a bit tight, and since I turned to cycling after running aggravated my left achilles tendon, I decided it would be stupid to push it.

Over 100 miles this week in total, which I'm very happy with.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just a quick 25 miles through Potters Bar, Cuffley, Brookmans Park, Ridge and back to the pub in Barnet. I have been off the bike for 4 weeks with a knee injury, it is still a bit tender but good to back in the saddle.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Back from a 33.75 mile ride of fire road, logging trail and tarmac. Had a great time apart from one off due to digging into a rut left by a Motorbike :angry:. I have some delightful scraped and even worse I tore my beloved Bio Racer gillette ::cry::

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Went over to sheffield with the MTB in the car to try some old trails from my student days. Apart from some of the trails being 'sanitised', it was like going riding with an old pal. Actually, it was with an old pal as well, and he also had a good time.

Only 12 miles, six up, six down, but it was nice.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
14 miles early afternoon. Some hills on granny gear but kept moving. Chain came off once when changing to bottom gear. That's the second time in two rides.
Does anyone ever has pins and needles in one hand after riding a while? It is always my left hand for some reason.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Does anyone ever has pins and needles in one hand after riding a while? It is always my left hand for some reason.

Maybe your saddle postion need a little adjustment, or you are gripping the bars a bit too tightly.

theloafer

Legendary Member
How do you find Sram Apex? I'm used to using Campag, a mix of Mirage, Veloce, Chorus and wondered how it compared.

hi colly
i am finding it great very easy to get used to all my other bike have shimano so cant compare it with campag ... but the 11-32 is great for the hills.. :biggrin: have always riden bikes that have triples for doing mostly loaded touring...first road bike was a trek1000 in 2006 ...had my eye on a ROUBAIX but this years modelis only with a compact 34-50+11-28
which my old legs did not like... :laugh: so the cannondale won and i love it ... :thumbsup:

larry

Top Bottom