Where are you riding / have you ridden today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Well yesterday now. London to Brighton in company of 27,000 other cyclists. Given a late start of 09:30 but in practice off a few minutes early. Very slow getting out of London and up the first stop. Thereafter thinned out a bit but hard going up to Turner's Hill after which fast to Ditchling. Long wait at the top as one team member got cramps and had to seek assistance.

Finished at 18:30 by which time Mrs B had been able to park in Brighton. However by the time we'd eaten and circumnavigated massive traffic snarl up on M25 midnight by time we were home and bikes awy.

Will definitely do it again though.

VamP

Banned
14 miles on MTB on Saturday, with GF on her horse around Ockham Common. It's great fun racing MTB against horse - MTB faster downhill, horse (much) faster uphil.

30 mile short circuit on road bike Sunday morning 6.30am start - was planning to do 45 miles, but had to cut short due to puncture at 10 miles in (wrecked the whole tyre with a giant flint slice) - and due to family commitments later on. Was my first roadside puncture repair experience so that feels like another milestone covered! :becool:

Sonofpear

Only managed 23 miles, followed the river Tyne upto Newcastle and got absolutely soaked. I had checked the weather forecast before I left and it seemed ok, but it wasn't. I stopped under the Tyne bridge for shelter but as I was soaked I started getting cold. So figured I best set off home and try and get warmed up. Made it home only to find myself locked out. Doh! And my lovely new shoes were all soggy and full of crud. Dohhh!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Up the Ceiriog Valley to Glyn Ceiriog and then up the hill to Selattyn for a few pints and some good conversation. 15 miles, 3 pints and a nice bit of climbing practise.

Glyn Ceiriog and then up the hill to Selattyn ?

That is a stiff climb - especially the first bit out of Glyn Ceiriog.

If you fancy a very tough challenge, if you go from Glyn Ceiriog towards Selattyn, you will go over a minor crossroads. If you were to turn right (which would take you up to LLlechrydau, you would climb just over 500ft in the first half a mile. It is certainly one of the steepest hills in the country. over that distance.
Of course, I've never done it on a bike myself :biggrin: , though I have run up it.

But give it a try and if you survive, I'd like to know about it.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Only managed 23 miles, followed the river Tyne upto Newcastle and got absolutely soaked. I had checked the weather forecast before I left and it seemed ok, but it wasn't. I stopped under the Tyne bridge for shelter but as I was soaked I started getting cold. So figured I best set off home and try and get warmed up. Made it home only to find myself locked out. Doh! And my lovely new shoes were all soggy and full of crud. Dohhh!

D'OH indeed :/

perplexed

Guru
14 miles on the rollers, then I'll be commuting later...

jayonabike