Where are you riding / have you ridden today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThePainInSpain

Did 15 fairly flat miles along the side of the valley this morning. It used to be my "long" ride not long ago, but now it seems to have become one of my easy rides!

Flatish/side of the valley, got to be past the prison to de la Torre.

I don't have a flatish ride anywhere from where I live..................:sad:

rossjevans

Did a nice 35 miles yesterday Bournemouth > Corfe Castle > Swanage > Bournemouth with some respectable climbs which seemed much easier than last time I last did that route.
smile.gif

And today I did my regular 20 mile 'training' route which is fairly flat, this one was slower and harder than last time
sad.gif

The Dwaff Family

Fisr thing dad cycled the boys to a club 6-7 miles awaw and then from Linslade to Water Eaton(MK) along the towpath, 5yr old did 12 miles and I then picked him up, whilst dad carried on and then did more road cycling with eldest son (12) back home, so they ended up doing appx 24 miles today.

Weather held out okay today, wonder what next week will bring us :biggrin:

The basic commute, 9.5 in, 9.5 back to & from Brighton.

Sad journey in past the site of a double fatal RTC at Pyecombe, A23 still closed at 5am. Back with the returnees from London to Brighton at 3pm, some cheekily heading for Three Bridges railway station to avoid the Network Rail patrollers further south :-)

Bit of a scare from a loose handlebar caused by an 'off'' on the South Downs earlier in the week (memo to self, put the knobblies back on before going off-road, doh!).

Home to a Father's Day bottle of red, thanks Tom!

Klaus

Today was my first serious ride in weeks. Been very busy: daughter's wedding, work travel, personal travel and not to forget the weather haven't helped !!!

Anyway, out to Hughenden Valley from High Wycombe, then climb up to Geat Hampden, further on towards Stoke Mandeville, then turned off towards Askett nr Princes Risboro (didn't know it was another climb) then very scary descent ... back to High Wycombe on A4010, main road from Ayslesbury, always scary with the odd idiot driver thrown into the bargain.
All that for 19 miles, it felt more like 30 miles with all the climbing, was seriously out of condition .... but I beat he rain !!!

albion

Guru
I was late setting off today so into the heavy rain I roaded it to Bishop Auckand, then returning to Gateshead with improved weather along a surprisingly dry Brandon line railway track.

So 55 miles in all at 12mph average. For some reason, only after longer rides the first thing I almost always do is to treat myself to a large cafetiere of filter coffee.
So a double dose of caffeine is my norm on long ride days.

The Dwaff Family

Today was my first serious ride in weeks. Been very busy: daughter's wedding, work travel, personal travel and not to forget the weather haven't helped !!!

Anyway, out to Hughenden Valley from High Wycombe, then climb up to Geat Hampden, further on towards Stoke Mandeville, then turned off towards Askett nr Princes Risboro (didn't know it was another climb) then very scary descent ... back to High Wycombe on A4010, main road from Ayslesbury, always scary with the odd idiot driver thrown into the bargain.
All that for 19 miles, it felt more like 30 miles with all the climbing, was seriously out of condition .... but I beat he rain !!!

Ooh, that can be a really nasty road, particularly when first coming out of Aylesbury! Loads of hills your way, I recall lots of steep ones Princes Risborough and onwards, a good workout though I bet :biggrin:

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I was meant to go out on Pete's 'Hampshire Bimble' today but I had to run family errands and didn't get back home until just after 10
angry.gif

Still I couldn't resist the brilliant weather so I went out for 104 to include what is the 'Meon Riser 88 miler' ............ a little sore but still happy with myself.

Still gutted I missed Pete's event though
blush.gif

Jonathing

Über Member
I went out on the PNE club ride however our usual ride leader was still in bed (apparently there must have been something more attractive that a dozen blokes in lycra too keep him there). The ride was lead by a couple of septuagenarian members who come out occasionally and still beat us younger riders every time. My new Focus ride beautifully but I still can't get rid of a rather worrying rattle coming from the headset area when I go over especially rough road surfaces.
I did my good deed for the day by fixing a guys puncture when he was unlucky enough to have his front and read tyre go at the same time.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Up the Ceiriog Valley to Glyn Ceiriog and then up the hill to Selattyn for a few pints and some good conversation. 15 miles, 3 pints and a nice bit of climbing practise.

DTD

Veteran
Did the Manchester to Chester Bike Ride today – really enjoyed it, first time I've done one of these 'charity' runs.
Bit of a practice for next month's Manchester to Blackpool, which has been an ambition of mine since I got a bike last year.

However the bike (Cannondale CAADX 105 with a BB30) started making a right racket – ticking (at Big Ben levels) from the bottom bracket – only a few months old, so it's back to the shop.

Otherwise a nice morning out.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cubester and I rode a ten mile loop based on the Pennine Bridleway this afternoon, was going to do the full twenty miles, but the queues of traffic to Hollingworth Lake start point was horrendous, so we drove on to Walsden and started from there.
Map and guide here.

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/PennineBridleway/downloads.asp?PageId=98
It was billed as full-on, and to be fair the climbs were pretty tough in places, all the way down to the granny and 32 cog, plus a couple of get off and push boggy bits. It had several really techy descents as well, plus some hard and fast bridleway drops. It even had some pretty juicy singletrack in and amongst. Heartily recommended.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
62 miles through the New Forest with a cyclechat posse on Petes Bimble. An excellent ride with great company, shame you couldnt make it Johnnyblade

zacklaws

Guru
Club run, 73 miles into the Yorkshire Wolds, 4hrs 3 minutes, then went to bed to grab 4 hours sleep before work. Spent the 4 hours in bed, mind too active, blaming myself for doing too long a ride and no time to sleep and also cursing having to go to work. A vicious never ending loop, but I don't think taking the equvalent of ten cans of red bull preride helped, its 0230 in the morning now and I'm still high as a kite and raring to go.

Top Bottom