Where do you mount a Muvi camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

jonny jeez said:
Would the global release and publication on you- tube class as "personal, family or household affairs?"

I rekon not:sad:

Why does it have to be published on youtube? It's not compulsory you know! I'm only concerned with the legality of the filming and its possible subsequent use as evidence.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Publishing on youtube is *VERY* important if you're at all concerned about campaigning for cycling. That exposure of bad drivers is an incredible tool to get companies to acknowledge how serious bad driving from their employees is, and to get them to ensure that their employees don't repeat the behaviour that led to bad publicity for them.

Debian

BentMikey said:
Publishing on youtube is *VERY* important if you're at all concerned about campaigning for cycling. That exposure of bad drivers is an incredible tool to get companies to acknowledge how serious bad driving from their employees is, and to get them to ensure that their employees don't repeat the behaviour that led to bad publicity for them.

That's as may be, where have I said it wasn't?

Here and now I'm only posting about the legality of videoing from a moving bike and advertising that fact. Publishing material so recorded on youtube is a different kettle of fish but I'm not commenting on that.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Nice one Gaz! Well I can confirm that I'm part way there with the external power source on a non MUVI branded MD80 and the instructions I linked on the prior page have a fault in them.

The device starts in the on position. If you connect a none USB external powersource the device steps out of "blue light" standby to record mode and switches to "red light" charge mode. To get around this you press and hold the record button whilst plugging in the none USB power source.

So my next task is to pull apart the linked external powersource I purchased and remove the offending USB connection so that the device only detects a power source and not a USB device.

You can put a geek on a bike but they'll still be a geek. ;)

gaz said:
i just got a muvi today, playing around with it and plan to put it on the rear to see what the footage is like.

Waiting for mine to arrive, hopefully it will come before Thursday. If so im hoping to get some good footage of some work based training. (not cycling related).
Anyone know how they stand up to heat?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
It was a general point in the debate, not an attack on your post. ;)

Indeed... Debian, I wasnt taking issue with your comment (apologies if you read it that way), But I am interested to see if the placing of footage on you-tube is covered.

Although, I also wonder if, (if it were ever deemed that placing footage on you tube were a violation of privacy) whether the act of filming in public would soon be condemmed on principle alone..interested to see what mobile phone makers would have to say about that.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
addictfreak said:
Waiting for mine to arrive, hopefully it will come before Thursday. If so im hoping to get some good footage of some work based training. (not cycling related).
Anyone know how they stand up to heat?

Heat, as in summer temps?, if so then very well...as well as wind and vibration (althoughthe resulting footage can be a little jerky due to the frame rate).

but they dont like the cold and the wet........starting to think that I may actually be a muvi

jonny jeez said:
Heat, as in summer temps?, if so then very well...as well as wind and vibration (althoughthe resulting footage can be a little jerky due to the frame rate).

but they dont like the cold and the wet........starting to think that I may actually be a muvi

I was thinking more like being a few yards away from a wall of flaming kerosene:becool:;)

I can confirm, according to the IC that publishing videos on youtube is exempt under recreation as well. So long as you aren't making money out of it. That's a shame, as I could probably make a few bob out of video views. My channel has had nearly 400,000 views since I started it! :smile::biggrin:

Top Bottom