Where do you mount a Muvi camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's where I mount mine but I also have a new ATC2000 type camera although slightly lighter.Will try it out on Wednesday.

Shame the MUVI doesn't work with an external battery pack as it's a great little camera.

Im jealous on this thread as my March 16th post was from Thailand.:biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine has just been ordered for the princely sum of £10.86:biggrin:

Bidding on an 8 gb micro sd card ,though i should hopefully gte away ith the 2 gb i have until i get one as i plan to wipe every day.

My round trip commute is 1 hour 20 mins approx so hoping to get a day on each charge or looking at the emergency charge and leave it plugged in at work in my locker to boost it before i come home, carrying a rechargeable battery is not a problem.
My only concern is the mounting does the headband keep it safe and would it work on a standard bell helmet with a visor?
The foam way of mounting looks interesting but i sweat to much to make it viable :smile:.
Handle bar mounting any good ? i know its not as good pov but may be safer in the long term?

The emergency charger thing don't work IMHO.
Needs to be charged with mains adapter.
I fitted the bracket thingy with nylon tags on the front of my helmet and it's been fine.I think you get about 80 mins a charge just about covers half of my commute.

My new camera takes two AAA's will test on next commute.

Eh? the red light goes off on mine when it's charged.I had no problem when I left it on all night.

You should try the emergency charger mate but mine didn't work.

You never know though,no harm in trying.

Number14

Guru
I've got my muvi securely mounted to my rear rack using a Minouri space grip and a couple of zip ties. If you leave the mounting bracket on the Space grip you could adapt the mount for handlebars.

Having problems recording more than 1 hour though - commute takes 1hr 10min!! I'll have to pedal faster. ;)

I received the two cloes from China...yesterday and they have an additional bracket which seems to make it easier to fix it to a helmet...(fnarr fnarr)

So I now have 3 sets of 2 each (6 in all) MUVI type cameras....2 from China 2 from Maplins and the original two which still work and I don't know where I got them from.

garyhgaryh

This is the current setup

CamCurrent.jpg

This is the camera with it's external power source. You have to turn it on in a special manner to get it to record but it does work.
CamPower.jpg

This is the idea of where it will go.
CamIdea.jpg

How do you get around the 4gb time limitation? I have a keychain camera that closes a file every 30 mins so I can keep recording as long as there is power.

I bought an md80 and I'm going to power mine off usb power, but found out it does not have the "close-and-continue" feature.
Gary

Tynan

Veteran
woo hoo! Tynan is up and running after buying a £12 one months ago and then scrounging a 4Gb card (thanks BM), after 4 bottles of beer I had a crack and cobbled together a mount using the flat backed mount, a central zip tie and some electrical tape on the wings to steady it on a very smooth and unhelpful helmet, and a final green elastic band to secure the camera into the clip

and it only bloody well worked, i can even get the usb plug into it en situ, just, and I got the alignment right first time

my 40 minute commute is in 2 min segments (does that mean I had it in vox?) but that kinda seems good unless you actually do want a 40 min clip, quality is rather good, although 40 minutes used 3.5Gb

the only nuisance is me rolling my head to the left an awful lot, because of my bad neck, I had no idea I did it as much as that, I suspect I must look like a proper freak

and of course the ride was deathly dull as is traditional I think

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
How do you get around the 4gb time limitation? I have a keychain camera that closes a file every 30 mins so I can keep recording as long as there is power.

I bought an md80 and I'm going to power mine off usb power, but found out it does not have the "close-and-continue" feature.
Gary

I'm not sure as I've now seen quite a few versions of the MD80 reacting differently. Mine closes a file every 30 minutes and continues. The one we bought recently though doesn't and continues to record until you stop it, it fills the card or the battery goes flat. I believe mine is an MD80 clone.

I never did start powering it off an external source as I could get my commute into one charge. Although now the camera and battery are getting older I've been thinking once more about external power but am now erring towards a soldered modification.

Abs

garyhgaryh

I'm not sure as I've now seen quite a few versions of the MD80 reacting differently. Mine closes a file every 30 minutes and continues. The one we bought recently though doesn't and continues to record until you stop it, it fills the card or the battery goes flat. I believe mine is an MD80 clone.

I never did start powering it off an external source as I could get my commute into one charge. Although now the camera and battery are getting older I've been thinking once more about external power but am now erring towards a soldered modification.

Abs

Is your camera the MD80 D001? I ordered two. I got my first on the end of last week and it does not close a file every 30 mins. I'm waiting for the other one to arrive which comes in a retail box. I believe both are MD80 D001.

What vendor did you buy yours from? I would love to get the version you have because the "close-and-continue" func is a must for me as I'll be putting mine on external usb power and taking it skiing and biking. I don't want to tend to my camera every hr or so.

Do both your cameras look the same? If not, can you tell me how the differ? Do you have slider or push button for your power switch? Mine is a push button.
Gary

Top Bottom