Where do you mount a Muvi camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
gaz said:
Woow. thats impressive.
Have either of you had youtube inviting you to revenue sharing scheme?

I've only got a poultry 73,366.....You've got to remember though guys, it's not all about total views. Take a look at some of your insight data and you'll realise that everyone only watches 2 seconds of your videos before getting bored...compared to a 100% of mine :smile: (it also suggests that my videos are mainly watched by middle aged men lol).

I got my 100th subscriber last week too :laugh:

I would have more, but I'm not the media tart that Mags is :laugh:....even if wafflycat did call me that on facebook yesterday :biggrin:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
addictfreak said:
I was thinking more like being a few yards away from a wall of flaming kerosene:becool::smile:

not sure if I'm impressed by you or scared by you??!!:biggrin:

Sorry, cant say that I tried that one out

allthegear

I posted about my helmet camera setup in a separate thread, but I've just recently added a second camera (I now have front and rear facing cameras), in addition to my external battery. I've also included a mechanism that allows data from my Garmin 705 to be shown in a synchronised manner with the video, without the need for video overlay processing - basically it uses the cuepoint mechanism supported by the flowplayer open source video player to show the right speed, hr, altitude etc at the correct time.

Anyway, it's a work in progress with more details at that may be of interest (including source) at http://members.multimania.co.uk/nothingbetter2do/

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
allthegear said:
I posted about my helmet camera setup in a separate thread, but I've just recently added a second camera (I now have front and rear facing cameras), in addition to my external battery. I've also included a mechanism that allows data from my Garmin 705 to be shown in a synchronised manner with the video, without the need for video overlay processing - basically it uses the cuepoint mechanism supported by the flowplayer open source video player to show the right speed, hr, altitude etc at the correct time.

Anyway, it's a work in progress with more details at that may be of interest (including source) at http://members.multimania.co.uk/nothingbetter2do/

I've been looking at anding data to my videos using the garmin data, but i want to add it too the video then be able to either edit it further / upload it to youtube.

Haven't come up with much yet, a few commercial pieces of software that cost a bomb!

allthegear

gaz said:
I've been looking at anding data to my videos using the garmin data, but i want to add it too the video then be able to either edit it further / upload it to youtube.

Haven't come up with much yet, a few commercial pieces of software that cost a bomb!

I saw someone on youtube has done it with video overlays. That should be possible for free, but would take some processing. You would have to process the tcx and then make a series of overlay images. Those series of images could be turned into a video with something like virtual dub, and then the overlay video merged with the original video - there are plugins that could help with this, but there may be synchronisation problems. TBH, while it looks cool - I thought that was too much hassle and something I'd not use often.

The flowplayer approach means no processing (except the flv conversion), and it would be possible to turn the text output into gauges etc in the current setup eg with a bit of flash etc. Flowplayer can play videos from youtube directly, but it's against youtubes TOS so there's no source to do this posted on the flowplayer site.

gaz said:
Woow. thats impressive.
Have either of you had youtube inviting you to revenue sharing scheme?

Aye, I get it every so often for a video. Even if I wanted to, I think it is best to decline.

As for BM's 800,000 views, how many subscribers do you have BM? I have 505 at last count...:biggrin::laugh::smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Just watched my footage from my muvi at the rear, i need to do a better job at securing it as i kept getting some lovely footage of my brake blocks!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rear view shot I did a few weeks back......

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDsu-5a8EQE

allthegear

gaz said:

I was looking at this a little more, youtube has recently added Captioning to help with accessibility

I've updated my page with a quick hack of a script that turns 705 tcx files into youtube .sub format (text) files that can be uploaded and appear on your video, seems to work ok during testing. This may be of interest to you, and since they're text files you can edit them if required

available at http://members.multimania.co.uk/nothingbetter2do/

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
allthegear said:
I was looking at this a little more, youtube has recently added Captioning to help with accessibility

I've updated my page with a quick hack of a script that turns 705 tcx files into youtube .sub format (text) files that can be uploaded and appear on your video, seems to work ok during testing. This may be of interest to you, and since they're text files you can edit them if required

available at http://members.multimania.co.uk/nothingbetter2do/

Nice mod! I'm still working on a user friendly version.

*Geeky bit*
My current status is that the camera works when connected to mains but when attemting using an external pack it believes a PC is connected. After checking all the wiring of microUSB vs the power pack I'm at the stage where I need a voltage meter to check the output from the external pack. The device says 6v but I've a feeling it's producing less which is what is tripping the USB sensing on the MD80.

Captain

@allthegear: That set-up is awesome. I'd really love to do something like that.

I just managed to get hold of my first MUVI and I'm testing it out now although I'm having difficulty setting it to the right angle so as to be able to actually see whats up ahead and not just the small patch of tarmac just in front of my wheel.

I think these are great little cameras and I really want to see what can be done with them.

Captain

brokenbetty

Über Member
Bit of a late response, but this is how the neoprene hi viz hack looks, and it holds it very steady

4489615092_7ffd8839e4_o.jpg

Top Bottom