Where does your dog / cat sleep at night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I have one fairly elderly cat, she sleeps in all sorts of places just depending. In these warmer months it's anywhere that's cool, so the top landing of the stairs is currently popular (where she has a view over everything, as is a cat's like). Sometimes a leather sofa, if the leather is cool.
In winter she likes anywhere padded and warm - we put a fleece blanket on a spare sofa and she likes that, so long as the blanket is kept clean. They do love clean linens so it needs washing frequently, if hair builds up on it she goes off it quickly. As any cat owner knows, leave a clean, neat stack of freshly laundered towels or bedclothes anywhere and it'll have a cat on top of it in very short order.

Occasionally in the cold weather she likes to curl up on the top of the duvet down near the feet end, I'm okay with that but really not a fan of having an animal in my bed.

Cat beds are a complete waste of time; Cats are very good at adapting human things to their needs but they seem to eschew anything designed with them specifically in mind.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Our old cat has started sleeping on our bed either right next to us or on our pillow

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ours has been sleeping with me in my bed for the last year, before that it was Mrs GM's bed. Nice and warm in the winter, but these warm nights he sleeps on top of the duvet...

View attachment 593938
Awwww.....
Same here, it's a Whippety thing!

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Love dogs but they are far from clean creatures - no way was our (sadly long gone) dog allowed on ours. Yuk!
Depends on the dog to a certain extent, Whippets are pretty 'clean', don't dribble, shed hair, or smell particularly, they hate mud and water.

It varies, usually with season and temperature. And sometimes just with whim :laugh:

Madam Lexi's current favourite sleeping place is on the furry throw at the foot of my bed. Madam Poppy currently favours the stack of clean laundry. (I've put a fleece throw on top so that it containerizes the hair)

Sometimes I get what I call "cat swaps" and I find Poppy curled up next to me and Lexi is... elsewhere...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Depends on the dog to a certain extent, Whippets are pretty 'clean', don't dribble, shed hair, or smell particularly, they hate mud and water.

But even the cleanest of the generally unclean lay on floors inside and out, greet other dogs muzzle to muzzle, get food around there muzzles and horror of horrors, have, being blunt, a foul arse area.

And, keeping it family friendly, what happens when you use the bedroom for some adult fun? Does the dog stay on the bed? Do you have to pre-plan and lock the dog in another part of house? And if spontaneity is your thing then 'hang on a moment darling I have to sort the dog out first' must be a Grade A passion killer.

covid messed w/ our cats brains due to the lock-down. now we close our bedroom door so they have the rest of the house to lose their minds in. I have fond memories of cat company on the bed & one stills comes for a little while before we close down for the night. but since they sleep all day & wander all night, we have more peace w/ our privacy

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I wouldn't put my kids in a kennel or a crate, so why should my pets be put in one........simple really, kids are just as disgusting as animals can be
You didn't quote me, but as I'm the only one so far to mention kennels, I guess you're obliquely speaking to me.
How you can conflate children and dogs is quite beyond me.
For you, your pets are indoors and that suits you.
For me, the dogs are in their kennel. And that suits me, and my mutts.

Top Bottom