Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There was an anti-vaxxer on another cycling forum the other day. Refused to have it as 'you don't know what's in it' and was angry with his parents for having jabs. Despite being given the evidence by other members, including a full ingredients list, he still wouldn't see the facts, and got all hissed off when people explained it fully.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I even said, I hope you've had Tetanus jabs as an active MTB'er or even a sedate gardener.:whistle:

There was an anti-vaxxer on another cycling forum the other day. Refused to have it as 'you don't know what's in it' and was angry with his parents for having jabs. Despite being given the evidence by other members, including a full ingredients list, he still wouldn't see the facts, and got all hissed off when people explained it fully.
Does he know what's in every tablet/medicine he takes or every prepared meal he eats, or pint of beer he drinks? It is not worth arguing with such people.

Johnno260

Veteran

All the ingredients are easy to find.

Like someone else said does he check every ingredient for every med he has ever taken?

Ask him to check the Yellowcard for household over the counter meds

That Hugo bloke has a point though. He genuinely does. I hadn't realised up until he pointed it out that actually he is right, we haven't ever seen an interview from someone who has recently died from Covid. I hadn't thought about it.

Maybe it doesn't exist or we would have heard from people who were recently deceased from it wouldn't we? :whistle:

Yea damn he has me there, who has a ouji board?

There are some interesting articles and links in Nature about 'how to talk to science sceptics' and I think they are well worth perusing if someone in your family has gone down the rabbit hole either fully or in part.
Talking to Science Deniers and Sceptics is not hopeless
and scroll down to the bottom for more useful links.

In essence it amounts to don't start - or finish - by arguing. Listen, chat, learn what the person thinks. Answer their questions as honestly as you can and try to leave them with something - however small, in fact small is better as it isn't as overtly threatening - that piques their curiousity or gives them pause for thought. You won't 'convert' them with your facts so why antagonise them?

Yes I know I know - they annoy me too and are the direct and indirect cause of so much suffering and death - BUT it really does seem that the more they are mocked or ridiculed, the more entrenched they become in their ridiculous beliefs so ...

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I wonder if any of the anti-vaxxers saying "you don;t know what is in it" have ever had a kebab

I mean - what exactly IS in one of those 'probably meat' things they have turning slowly at 2 a.m. after the clubs kick out???
That’s an easy question - it’s an elephant leg. Not sure how they get hold of themselves seeing as elephants are protected in most of the world.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I wonder if any of the anti-vaxxers saying "you don;t know what is in it" have ever had a kebab

I mean - what exactly IS in one of those 'probably meat' things they have turning slowly at 2 a.m. after the clubs kick out???
You’re certainly being inoculated with something!

That’s an easy question - it’s an elephant leg. Not sure how they get hold of themselves seeing as elephants are protected in most of the world.
:eek:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
For some interesting / dangerous reading, take a look through David Icke's site!
Some people actually think he's not a nutter..

Edit to correct link

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
For some interesting / dangerous reading, take a look through David Icke's site!
Some people actually think he's not a nutter..
Your link may not be correct.
1629215190516.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom