Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Living up in the frozen North does have some benefits. The water straight from the tap tastes good ! Anyway as you were, back to the anti vax tin pot discussion.

Fella at work won't have it, purely because "no-ones telling me to have something that I don't know what's in it".

Thing is he's pretty fit so probably wouldn't be affected too much, his elderly parents, his kids and Missus have all had it and from what I can gather all his friends Inc us work colleagues have had it so not really an issue in my eyes, he's just being a c**k.

It is however an issue when 20,000 people like him all live in the same community, are of all ages and live in each others pockets, that's where it becomes a problem.

They knacker it up for everyone else.

GetFatty

Über Member
1EBCC1B4-F5AA-45AF-AA8E-B9520AA1C203.jpeg

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Rumours that it contains pork/meat probably affected the low Muslim and Hindu uptake. In the US there's a bit of a history of testing stuff on the black community before whites, so that might come into it over there. Possibly just less trust in science generally.

Hopefully as more people get the jab without effects, these concerns will go.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Rumours that it contains pork/meat probably affected the low Muslim and Hindu uptake. In the US there's a bit of a history of testing stuff on the black community before whites, so that might come into it over there. Possibly just less trust in science generally.

Hopefully as more people get the jab without effects, these concerns will go.

It is just peculiar that those rumours, which were worldwide do not seem to have the same impact in Delhi as in towns in the UK with large Asian populations. I wonder if people literally dieing in the street in front of you somewhat focuses your mind?

AuroraSaab

Veteran
It is odd. You would think in a close community, like many Asian communities are, that they would all know someone who has died from covid by now, or at least been seriously ill. We live near a care home and last year there were frequently ambulances and funeral vans arriving. It's very sobering.

I think you're right about India itself though - when you see it tearing through the population, and you know that there are no hospital beds for you unless you are wealthy, it probably makes having the vaccination less of a decision.

There's also a sense of fate that you often get in religious communities that there is less of in western culture.

I wonder how much the heartbreaking scenes in India have affected the current UK take up rate.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Saw earlier that Whitty doesn't wish to press charges. I can see that he wouldn't want the stress of a court case, but I hope the police pursue it regardless. Also saw the photos of people outside his flat shouting 'murderer'. Shameful.

On a brighter note, it was moving to see the crowd at Wimbledon giving a standing ovation to vaccine developer Sarah Gilbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom