Where have all the cyclists gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yes their seems to be quite a thing about mtb's on cars.
I kid you not, but a couple of weeks back when I diverted up the Elan valley while out shopping for milk and stuff, I went up the valley and kept re-passing a BMW with mtb's on the roof. What the pair of them were doing was stopping at strategic places by the dams, taking the bikes off the roof posing in heroic places for photos and film clips then moving on. They were begining to get embarassed the third time I passed them. So they should.
I had a similar thing happen as I crested Pen y pass in N. Wales earlier in the winter - a mini bus with school signwriting discharged a person dressed in cycling clothes and a road bike, posed by the youth hostel in a couple of places close to the road loaded up and then drove off! What's that all about?????

Seems to be a thing that people think that if they carry bicycles as some sort of mascot on their vehicles then their petrol is somehow cleaner and close passes and bad driving are freindly and allowable or something. . . .

I mean to say they are not even going to keep me supplied with inner tubes if they dont get punctures!
Similar story, but an acquaintance of mine once told me a tale about the time he was riding up Ventoux. While he was stopped at the Tom Simpson memorial, a car pulls up with Belgian plates and a top end road bike on the roof. Out gets a very stout man wearing a Belgium national champion’s jersey. He dismounts the bike and raises it above his head in full victory pose in front of the monument while his wife takes some pictures. The bike goes back on the car, the cheeky Fleming climbs in and they drive down the mountain. What balls! What chutzpah! Chapeaux.

Top Bottom