Where in Britain would you be happiest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Shanklin, Isle of wight. Although it's crumbling into the sea it held a lot of happy memories for me. Maybe not the same if i lived there all the time so I pick a massive mansion/castle... anywhere would do. Must have a full moat with crocodiles to keep out the riff raff. Guards and servants, lush green all around for miles and a live in chef...what was the thread about again???:rolleyes:
Now is that really what the result was? :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Winchester for me. Epsom & Ewell closest...shame I couldn't find anywhere to buy when I was looking there 12 odd years ago ... I did work in Epsom for 13 years though!

Worst would be the Outer Hebrides, yeah no kidding I hate the cold and isolation!

stephec

Legendary Member
:hello:

I live in North West Dumbarton and it is nice enough. :laugh:
I think you meant to say West Dunbartonshire*, which, like everywhere else, has its good and bad bits.

Oh well, the less people here the better as it means less houses in the way of our views of Ben Lomond and the other hills!

* - That is not a spelling mistake, the town is Dumbarton, but it is Dunbartonshire. It is the result of the fact that the name has changed between the two over the years, so we now have a half and half situation of one having an 'm' and the other an 'n'.

If you don't want people mispelling your address or trying to correct you, then, yes, this isn't the place for you!! :giggle:
I'm not sure now, I ummed and arred over n and m in my op.

I'm not convinced that test is entirely scientific either. :smile:

Fubar

Guru
I got Purbeck, where ever the heck that is...

EDIT: didn't realise there was more to it - the WORST is Eilean Siar, which is ironically where we went on tour last year and where my folks used to live.

Best Near Me: North Lanarkshire FFS!!!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
83% mid-Devon.

But I am 100% happy here in the Lake District.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Best location
Ribble Valley 82% Life Satisfaction

We predict that a personality type like yours would experience 82% life satisfaction in Ribble Valley.

This district in North West England is the largest in Lancashire. It contains rural areas such as the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and Clitheroe is its main market town.

Residents of this district generally reported average levels of neuroticism for Britain. Levels of openness were higher, and agreeableness, extraversion and conscientiousness lower than average

Worst Location
We predict that a personality type like yours would experience 67% life satisfaction in Eilean Siar.

Eilean Siar is also known as the Outer Hebrides. Scots Gaelic is widely spoken in this island chain situated off the north-west coast of Scotland.

This district ranked the third lowest in Britain for neuroticism. Residents generally reported higher than average levels of openness, conscientiousness and agreeableness. Levels of extraversion were average for Britain.

Where I live
We predict that a personality type like yours would experience 77% life satisfaction in East Riding of Yorkshire.

Also called East Yorkshire, this district in North East England encompasses small towns and villages. It is mainly agricultural.

Residents of this district generally reported average levels of extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism for Britain. Levels of conscientiousness were higher, and openness lower than average.

Best near me
Life Satisfaction

Selby 80%

We predict that a personality type like yours would experience 80% life satisfaction in Selby.

Named after the market town of Selby, this district is the smallest and southernmost district in North Yorkshire, close to Leeds and York.

This district ranked the sixth highest in Britain for conscientiousness. Residents generally reported higher than average levels of agreeableness and neuroticism, and lower than average levels of extraversion. Levels of openness were average for Britain.

Sorry - just to near Goole ! :eek:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
South Cambridgeshire for me. As I currently live 30 miles from there, I appear to be roughly in the best area for me already.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
We predict that a personality type like yours would experience 80% life satisfaction in Selby.

Named after the market town of Selby, this district is the smallest and southernmost district in North Yorkshire, close to Leeds and York.

This district ranked the sixth highest in Britain for conscientiousness. Residents generally reported higher than average levels of agreeableness and neuroticism, and lower than average levels of extraversion. Levels of openness were average for Britain.

Sorry - just to near Goole ! :eek:

It's a million miles from Goole.

Top Bottom