Where to wash ur bike in London? (free or paid service)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
20170508_003043.jpg

Then make sure it's warm dry and comfortable before retiring for the evening.

I ride my bike through the pits of hell so that His Royal Darkness gets the souls of perished Londoners to burn the dirt off.
Other days I pay @Markymark to lick it clean.
As a northerner you can’t even afford the fee I charge to quote me on CycleChat.

bladderhead

All that palaver carrying bikes in and out of hotels, up stairs or in lifts is a pain if you have a recumbent. I was with two people who said they were getting on a train. They got in the carriage with their bikes. It was a challenge to manoeuvre my bike in there. They put their bikes on the seats, leaning against the windows. Mine had to stay in the aisle. The train got more crowded. A woman standing up in a short skirt got envolved with my pedal. Attempting to get the bike out of the way I pulled it backwards, which of course turned the crank and lifted her skirt up. Very embarrassing. Do not know why I was not arrested.

Slick

Guru

Slick

Guru
You make your bike sleep on the couch?! Tough love, I'd call that.

Mine goes in the king size bed, with a warm mug of GT85 on the bedside cabinet and videos of the Spring Classics on the telly.
Me an aw, the picture was taken before her pillows were sufficiently plumped. :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How very modern. Is it next to the outside toilet? :whistle:
I have a tap in my back yard too, next to where the outside toilet would have been! (The house was built in the 1880s so I'm sure that it would have had an outside toilet then.)

I have a hose pipe permanently attached to the tap so it is very handy for giving my bikes a quick clean after mucky rides.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A house in Ushaw Moor in County Durham still had an outside toilet when a mate of mine bought it in the early 1990s.

He used to keep a stick beside it in the winter to literally break the ice before toileting.

The 'soil' from some toilets was taken away via a trap door in the wall of the yard.

You can still see the now blanked off trap doors in some of the back lanes around here.

Most houses had two, one at close to ground level for the toilet, and one set into the wall at about shoulder level where the coalman would heave the bags of coal off the truck.

Who'd have thought there would be so much social history in a brick wall?

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.06.004 Apr 2019.png

Top Bottom