Where to wash ur bike in London? (free or paid service)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do you have a stand pipe to attach it to?

How rude....

It was pro team wash and clean today, ready for the Cycle Chat MTB weekend....

Slioch

Guru
what the farking retarded answer is this.

220px-How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
If you're single, the bath. If you're not single, the bath but make sure the other half doesn't find out
That's a bit risky, I would be wary of washing my bike with London tapwater, have you ever tasted it?
Best buy the bottled water, it's not so expensive if you make a point of not buying the first bottle you see as you walk into the supermarket, there is always cheaper stuff to be found in some obscure corner of the store. That's my tip for tourists in London:okay:.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I once took mine into the shower with me but it required awkward gymnastics. About four times a year I go out onto the pavement with a bucket, sponge, and some Screwfix car shampoo. Afterwards, I drizzle it with a hosepipe on "mist" setting, and feel quite virtuous.

Edit: If, as a visitor, you actually just want a supply of water for a short while, you could go into a petrol station and use the water hose on the forecourt. Alternatively, there are still a few public drinking fountains for watering the local horses. Lookee here....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Drinking_Fountain_and_Cattle_Trough_Association

Last edited:
Top Bottom