Where we all holidaying this year than?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
off to New York & Philadelphia for 10 days sans wife and child...
Gonna sit in my friends swimming pool with a cold crate of beer to hand....

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Greedo said:
Jeeez. That's a lot of dosh. I genuinely think kids don't really care where they go though. 7 of us used to go to St Andrews for a fortnight and stay in the student houses vacated for the summer. We'd turn one of the bedrooms into a living room and use the other 5 as ther were. It was brilliant fun.

As this will be our last hopefully childless might actually go somewhere totally different now come to think about it. China/Japan etc..... do a tour.

Yep, and that's not going wild, we book seperate flights and hire a large villa, as we normally have 9 or 10 of us in total. My wifes' family are big holidaymakers, her parents go away 5-6 times a year. I'm not such a fan but never been quite brave enough to try to put my foot down over it. We don't go anywhere especially interesting, so it's generally pool, sunbathing and eating/drinking. The kids don't even get much of a tan due to the grey sludge that passes for suncream these days:biggrin:

You never know, I may be lucky this year, an ash cloud might interfere:blush:

c2c

redredrobin
cephalonia, not sure if i have spelt that right but that greek island where captain corelli played his mandolin. fiskardo to be precise, we even got our own motorboat thrown in cos we booked early........just hope that pesky volcanoe blows its ash the right way.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
MacB said:
Yep, and that's not going wild, we book seperate flights and hire a large villa, as we normally have 9 or 10 of us in total. My wifes' family are big holidaymakers, her parents go away 5-6 times a year. I'm not such a fan but never been quite brave enough to try to put my foot down over it. We don't go anywhere especially interesting, so it's generally pool, sunbathing and eating/drinking. The kids don't even get much of a tan due to the grey sludge that passes for suncream these days:biggrin:

You never know, I may be lucky this year, an ash cloud might interfere:blush:

If I was in your posish I'd "compromise" and have my bike there for suitable escapology. One less sitting about eating and drinking now and then won't be noticed. Go on be brave and broach the topic with Mrs MacB. I'm sure she is very understanding :rolleyes:

c2c

redredrobin
dan_bo said:
I'm going to Kephalonia as well!

And Redpoint in NW Scotland in a couple of weeks' time for some -silence-

ahh i did spell it wrong......:rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
dan bo in NW Scotland in 2 weeks:

tom1.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
twentysix by twentyfive said:
If I was in your posish I'd "compromise" and have my bike there for suitable escapology. One less sitting about eating and drinking now and then won't be noticed. Go on be brave and broach the topic with Mrs MacB. I'm sure she is very understanding :rolleyes:

Ah, I failed to elaborate fully, Jane is a sun worshipper, she can, and does, spend all day by the pool with as little movement as possible. So this becomes a time of earning browny points for the rest of the year bonding for me and the boys.

c2c

redredrobin
ASC1951 said:
Yes. It's excellent. I went for a week's cycling at Christmas, staying here http://www.360alghero.net/

Corsica is good, too, if you want another suggestion. Ditto Sicily, although I was walking in both places rather than cycling.

we went to Sicily, taormina, again not sure if that is spelt right. not on the bike either, but it looked fantastic for cycling, if a bit hilly. while we were there we would come back from the town in the evening, sit on our balcony playing cards, sipping pironi, watching Mt etna shooting great plumes of fire and ash into the sky. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom