Where we all holidaying this year than?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
May be Dorset camping with the family in August, already spent a fortune on a kids school trip to Atlanta last month which I managed to blag on as a parent helper :rolleyes:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User1314 said:
We'll be in Swanage from 22 August (I think) onwards. If you're in the area give us a shout.

Thanks User, no definate plans yet of dates etc but if we do we will not be far away as I have family in Kinson, Bournemouth and I am sure the kids would enjoy the chain ferry at Sandbanks.

ChrisKH

Guru
ianrauk said:
off to New York & Philadelphia for 10 days sans wife and child...
Gonna sit in my friends swimming pool with a cold crate of beer to hand....

Great, but how? Couldn't see my missus letting me do that.

I am also off to the States en famille and will be sitting in a pool with a cold beer in one hand and wife in the other. Got to wait until July though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My brother in Michigan keeps trying to persuade us to go over but he and his wife are into all this stuff like ear candling, pagan quasi-religious mumbo-jumbo, writing crap poetry to each other, hugging and saying "we lurve you" all the time so we don't think we'll be going there. Curiously, even with all this alternative stuff going on his wife and all her friends are having therapy so it doesn't seem to be working.

costa del Blackpool ... if I need a quiet beach I'm only 30mins drive from one here. so need one with plenty of tat/pleasure beach attached. Day trips to liverpool[daughters into beatles and son into Liverpool FC ] and to lake district [cycling for me] planned. Then heading for a week 2 lincoln to see in-laws. day trip to London from there too. Might look to tour on my bike for a few days in Sept.. W coast of Scotland or just down W coast of Ireland.

Happiness Stan

Greedo said:
Mrs Greedo was nipping my head last night about this as we've not booked anything yet. Couple of weekenders in the pipline but she's talking about our main holiday.

I'm struggling to think of somewhere. Quite fancy Sardinia anybody been?

Yeah its shite. You'd like it though.

dodgy

Driving down to the Alps with bike, hopefully watch at least one alpine pass on the Tour.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Portugal; where, in August, it will be too hot to cycle so I will have to sit by the pool swilling beer instead (shame)

Re the OP & Sardinia. Yep, been. lovely, & unlike happy stan above I'd recommend it, just ignore the first 40 minutes there, the airport is in an industrial waste land only enlivened by the flamingoes.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Frogland in a fortnight, then a week under canvas sometime in August. Just checking out campsites at the moment - looking for somewhere nice that allows campfires and hounds. Suggestions welcome....?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mrs Ian knows that that the US is my second home and I have a lot of friends there who I have known a lot longer then I have known her. She's not a fan of the US, so is happy for me to bugger off once a year to get my USA fix.. I am a very lucky man.. downside is that I have to do beach holidays with her which I find dull, dull, dull....It's not Mrs Ian that is dull :sad:.. beach holidays are..

ChrisKH said:
Great, but how? Couldn't see my missus letting me do that.

I am also off to the States en famille and will be sitting in a pool with a cold beer in one hand and wife in the other. Got to wait until July though.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[quote name='swee'pea99']Frogland in a fortnight, then a week under canvas sometime in August. Just checking out campsites at the moment - looking for somewhere nice that allows campfires and hounds. Suggestions welcome....?[/QUOTE]

Funnily enough, a friend was telling me about a basic camp site in Dent. The farmer doesn't mind fires. Don't know about dogs.

It might be this one

Top Bottom