Where were you 25 years ago when Ceausescu was killed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not trying to start a political rights or wrongs thread about this man but something a little more lighthearted I was thinking last night that there's been little mention of Nicolae Ceausescu's overthrow and his following execution. The question is where were you at the time and what can you remember about the time of the event?
I was working at an old folks home on Christmas Day 1989. I remember walking home from work as there weren't any buses running. I also remember having to buy a bottle of wine under the counter style,from the local shop as the law then was no alcohol to be served after 3pm in shops on Christmas Day. I just thought i'd mention it about him as there's been little mention in the media
http://photos.denverpost.com/2014/1...tor-nicolae-ceausescu-and-wifes-execution/#20

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
never heard of him/her

Not trying to start a political rights or wrongs thread about this man but something a little more lighthearted I was thinking last night that there's been little mention of Nicolae Ceausescu's overthrow and his following execution. The question is where were you at the time and what can you remember about the time of the event?
I was working at an old folks home on Christmas Day 1989. I remember walking home from work as there weren't any buses running. I also remember having to buy a bottle of wine under the counter style,from the local shop as the law then was no alcohol to be served after 3pm in shops on Christmas Day. I just thought i'd mention it about him as there's been little mention in the media
http://photos.denverpost.com/2014/1...tor-nicolae-ceausescu-and-wifes-execution/#20
Do you seriously remember what you were doing that day, like many people with the Kennedy assassination or when the World Trade Centre fell?

Isn't that a bit strange?

brand

One day Ceausesce saw a game of rugby union and decided Romanians should play rugby! A dictators abuse of power is not always reprehensible!!

brand

Do you seriously remember what you were doing that day, like many people with the Kennedy assassination or when the World Trade Centre fell?

Isn't that a bit strange?
If you consider what he was doing at the time
"I was working at an old folks home on Christmas Day 1989. I remember walking home from work as there weren't any buses running" etc it would not appear unreasonable that he remembered where/what he was doing.

Last edited:
Christmas 1989? Probably watching Top of the Pops Christmas special on BBC on Christmas Day, and then down the pub on Boxing Day to watch the horse racing.

Slightly OT....

How do people have alibis for historical crimes

I have no idea where I was on this date.
If it was a week day then I was probably be at work, but I certainly could not prove that or be a witness that someone else had been there on that day

Top Bottom