Where were you 29 years ago this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
At age 35, I had recently been made redundant by my American employer after working my proverbials off for years, and just started a temp job at the very new Vodafone organisation.

I had to produce their mobile 'phones budget and could not envisage their projected sales being achieved! Stupid me, the story goes that if you'd put a grand into their shares then and held them, by the end of the century you'd be a millionnaire! DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Easter was in April in '87, I mean the last weekend in March.

Following week saw the first of three 99 hour weeks being worked, as we salvaged what we could and rebuilt or replaced them.

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
The most remarkable thing about that newspaper clipping is right at the top - Halifax at Wembley - really?!

I was living in Brittany then, trying and failing to learn French. Partly because they mostly spoke Breton where I was, but mainly because I'm crap at langauges :sad:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
getting the carp kicked out off me playing rugby ...

Here's the photographic proof too :okay:

upload_2016-3-26_17-43-23.jpeg

Lonestar

Veteran
Just over a year at my new depot (which I left in July 1988)...Working probably.(restday or normal day)..Used to work restdays till 1996...Then illness changed my mind.

Venod

Eh up
[QUOTE 4210916, member: 76"]If you mean Easter Weekend 1987, I think I was orienteering in the JK Festival on the North York Moors[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I was probably parking cars in a field on one of the days, I saw the Swedish ladies, washing post race in streams at The Scottish 6 days 1985,

Last edited:
Camping and walking at Wasdale head.

Venod

Eh up
[QUOTE 4211199, member: 76"]Another orienteerer![/QUOTE]

Yes started with Airienteers early 1980s then packed in for a few years when cycling became main sport, restarted with EPOC and this is the 1st year in about 30 that have not being a member of a club or BOF, not running at all and just getting back on bike after accident, I usually do the NYMBO events but I am going to miss a few this year untill fitness returns.

I really enjoyed all my years of O and if I start running again may make a comeback.

ayceejay

Guru
I was on top of a scaffold tower painting a church ceiling in wolverhampton.
You are Micheal Andj-go-on and I claim my fiver.
Above someone claimed "being in the middle of a messy divorce" so can I claim being in the middle of a messy marriage that preceded the divorce?

Top Bottom