Where were you 29 years ago this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
We had been married for 6 months and still doing up the house which we had completely stripped. It all needs doing again now! We were both working shifts which rarely coincided but luckily there was quite a good bus service in those days. The bus stops on the main road now have a sign saying that no buses stop here.

snorri

Legendary Member
In the same house as I am in now, and preparing to lay yacht moorings with the mooring laying/lifting vessel l had just recently built and have used every year since at this time of year:smile:.

...eee, wot were I doin' back then.....ay - working down 'pit (sorry, no good at accents)

Nuh - was with Foster Wheeler Automated Welding, during the engineering chapter of my life. Can't say exactly where, some place like Dungeness, or a refinery out yonder somewhere.......happy days......

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
...heh heh, yep, we're a bunch of softies today.......

RichardB

Slightly retro
I was 33, living in Lincolnshire with my first wife, marriage going downhill and a couple of years away from a horrible divorce. I was a teacher then, so probably on my Easter break. I used to visit parents in Leeds every few weekends, so I was in the general area, but I don't remember the fire.

D

Deleted member 1258

35 years old, living in an Edwardian two up two down in the Earlsdon area of Coventry, working in the stores at the GEC in stoke and awaiting the birth of our second child, our youngest son who was born in the September.

Top Bottom