Where's the best place to put this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

It's the battery pack for Fluxient headlight, it's quite small but heavyish, has its own pouch with velcro straps, but where on the frame should it go. A mate last night said on the h/bars, I don't know, I thought near the bottom of the frame, probably sounds daft but where would you lot put it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
on the up tube, just behind the head tube.

RhythMick

Über Member
It's possible to use the extender cable that came with it and put the battery pack under the seat or in the under saddle bag. Personally I hang it from the top tube.

Don't forget how bright that light is and how dangerous it might be to blind drivers.

oldroadman

Veteran
Would it fit in a bottle cage, or maybe a secifically made cage using the cage mounts on the down tube (it's a down tube, not an up, Monty, don't ask why, it just is...)? Seems a good spot if it's possible.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
On the bars.
Under the stem
On the top tube
on the down tube
on the seat tube
on the seat post
in a saddle bag
in a bottle cage
on the seat stay
If you're brave and the cable is long enough, on the chain stay.

Personally, if you can fit it under the stem with out it interfering with cabling then that is my place of choice.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Under the stem but be aware it may scuff the headset and/or headtube so you might want to put a bit of electrical tape at the contact point.

billy1561

BB wrecker
In the saddle bag under the seat is where mine is. Keeps most of the rain off it too.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Mick and Billy.....yes I was thinking about there, I've got a sadlebag but this wont fit in it (tools n stuff), but could maybe go in front of the seat, I'll work something out....yes I've got the extended cable so will need to use it if that's where it's going, cheers

I fettled a drinks bottle and put the battery inside with the wire coming through the drinking nozzle...should be pretty water proof and I put a spare tube and some tools in the bottle as well.

Top Bottom