Which are best wheels from this list?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MrWill

Argh they seem hard to find in Shimano fitment for good price.

What's the lowest I should expect?

Wish Ribble did the Shimano version, could get them for £220 then!

bpsmith

Veteran
There's £40 off a £200 spend at Wiggle presently. The Shimano fit Zonda's out of stock again unfortunately.

Was tempted to buy a second set of Zonda's and then return them on the first order receipt to get the £40 saving. Only bought mine less than a month back. I doubt Wiggle would match if I just asked?

vickster

Legendary Member
No, they'll only match if you could return the item unused. They give a voucher code in such a situation, I've done it before. CRC are less generous

Cyclist33

All the advice I've read on here is that a Campag cassette works fine with a Shimano SIS gear set...

Cyclist33

As an example, the cogs on a Shimano 9 speed cassette are about 2mm closer together than on a Campag one. It won't index properly if you just put one on the other.

People do, though. Just saying. They would just need to be properly indexed using the cabling, limiters etc.

Cyclist33

That is the problem, the indexing doesn't match properly.

I do hear you and for what it's worth all my bikes are Shimano through and through, but nonetheless people do run Campag cassettes on otherwise Shimano drivetrains without a problem. To be honest I suspect it's very rare in amateur cycling that a bike is 100% properly indexed for any substantial period of time, owing to cable stretch, wear of components etc... so the odd mm in the cog spacing can be tuned out without making the bike any worse. If your limiter screws are set fair and the cabling is tensioned according to the cassette it would be an excuse not to ride the thing!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
And to make sure people get it right

The wheels are called campagnolo zondas, they are made by campagnolo, but they come with a shimano freehub or a campag freehub. The fulcrums are also made by campagnolo but are badged fulcrums to appease the shimano crowd that dont like campagnolo. Oh and they add a little bit onto the fulcrums in terms of pounds.

Fulcrum 3's and zondas are virtually identical, but fulcrums cost more :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the discussion started because wiggle who had a deal on have sold out of the shimano free hub version :smile:

Top Bottom