What is your average speed range?

• 0-10mph

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 10-15mph

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • 15-20mph

Votes: 51 38.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thankfully I'm back to the comfortable 15-20mph range in the summer I'd be struggling to get to 15mph. My doc thinks I should have been dropping down dead then, I did the LEJOG (albeit I had two rest/support car days and it was very slow). Hopefully I'll be back next year to doing hilly sporting tt's at 23.5mph and flatter tt's at 25.1mph if ageing doesn't limit me where as this year the odd sporting tt I done was only 17-18mph and the one flatter one I did was only 19.8mph.

0-10, although usually at the 10 mark. I simply do not do the miles to get any better, although plans are afoot to remedy that, however slowly.
By the time I can claim 15mph, I'll be in my 70s and going back down again. Probably.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Depends on what kind of riding.
12 to 15 mile commute is 17 to 18 mph.
Longer road rides, anything from 14.5 to 16mph.
MTB, Cannock etc. under 10mph.

MikeG

Guru
Why?

15-20. Twenty plus in a good group. 26ish minutes for a "sporting" 10 mile TT without tribars. They're only numbers.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
15-20. I did 23 point something in 10 mile TTs but that was with tribars - and 26.14 is not really an athlete's time; you need to be under 25 mins really.
Not really mate , joining in is what TT is all about . Take longer than 30 mins if you like , we have all been there :okay:
My average around town is what ever is safe in traffic , not an average speed i'm really bothered about .

gbb

Legendary Member
10 years ago it was 15 to 20 mph average...maxing out at 18 and a bit.
Now at 60 I can average 15 mph with some effort...but certainly can't do the distances I used to ..health issues have seen to that.

D

Deleted member 1258

10 - 15 mph for me , on a good day around 14 mph on a more normal day around 13.5. I'm 67 in a couple of months and can still do the distance, it just takes longer now.

Top Bottom